Aruba Beach

Thread: HELPPPPPPPP URGENT - Where to stay

HELPPPPPPPP URGENT - Where to stay

Hi, my husband and i are trying to plan a vacation for Aruba.
    We are very nervous because it's our first real vacation with our 1 year old baby boy, my husband keeps saying we shouldnt go, so many things could happen to him, sunburn, insect bite.. etc but we need a vacation badly..

I narrowed it down to 4 properties but really really need help

1st bw the All Inclusives is Riu better or is occidental better, rooms, beds, cleanliness, the reviews were mixed for both, my husband thinks riu has NO Shade for the baby in the pool etc... bc of the immature trees.. and that it's too big - so lack of service - but it's new.. so shouldn't it be nicer

#2. occidental had some mixed reviews too...

#3. marriott surf club - they keep telling me the guest rooms are lock offs.. what does this mean.. will i be too close to someone else in the other room, could we hear them... they said they divide the 2 bdrms and rent them that way...????

4. Westin resort - like heavenly beds , pool seems really small

---- so here are my questions

1. please advise on any of the above properties ....
    2. how much does a nice resturant upper middle class- run per person, if we don't do all inclusive? ex. westin or marriott..the diff in price is $1100 for 7 days.. for 2 people..
    3. I'm not sure if i should do all inclusive?
    4. like occidental for the property .. but not sure about rooms, beds, clean? , like Riu for being new and a number of resturants, LOVE marriotts POOL, and Westin's heavenly bed - and i know westin so probably a good exp. but the pools is way too small

5. please let me know if you have any input on resturants at these resorts, rooms, cleanliness, beds.. anything..
    we are paying a lot of money and we don't want to be dissappointed with a 1 yr. old on the trip...

I wanted somewhere on the ocean, with full ov, CLEAN, good BEDS, Nice pool, if there was a KITCHEN it would be there such a property

Lastly is there a market or grocery store near by?
    do they sell diapers there- if so are they super expensive?
    how about botteled water.. would it be the us brands.. that's what we use for baby formual-

i need to book ASAP, flights keep selling out..

Please help asap
    thanks so much - please email me at

palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling

What are the dates you are going. I have several properties at the Marriott which you would love. The lockoffs are small. You would want a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen. The pools and beach are great. Also close walking to alot of shops and reasturants. You can e-mail me direct if you like.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

casa del mar, Manchebo beach
    Casa Del Mar Great Place, Great For Your Baby, 2 Bedrooms, Full Kitchen, Pool & Kiddy Pool, Resturant. Have Fun

Here is my opinion:
    The pool area of the Riu is very baren with almost no trees for shade! The Occidental is done with more landscaping throughout the pool area. We had friends that stayed at both. Not all three buildings at the Riu are renovated! One full building is as it renovation.
    We own at the surf club so my imput is from that perspective. Lovely grounds, lots of different areas to stay for shade (depending on time of year will depend on how busy the pool area is). Ocean Club is very nice too and not as crowded at the pool.
    I am not a big fan of all inclusives. The ability to have a full kitchen with a one year old is what would appeal to me. If the baby is fussy, eat dinner in! Grocery store is not very far and has just about anything you would want.
    Ocean Club is cheaper than Surf Club. Another alternative would be Playa Linda as it is a time share too. Great to have a ground floor so you can sit right outside (on the beach almost) and listen for the baby during nap time, etc. Check out their website for weeks available from the owner.
    Eating out varies and lots of good restaurants at lots of different price points.

Good luck!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

where to stay

I own at both the Marriott Ocean Club and the Marriott Surf Club and have gone for the last 6 years with my 5, 3, and 1 year olds. Its a great place to bring your kids.

If you are interested, I always rent out my second unit at the Ocean Club. This year I have it booked for August 17-24, 2008.

The timeshares are a great place to take kids as you get the kitchen and more importantly, a second room to put the kids. If you are interested, please let me know at or 781-698-9452.