Aruba Beach

Thread: Holiday Inn--curacao Tower

Holiday Inn--curacao Tower

Was just wondering what is going on with renovations there, if anything. I was there in August and from the outside, nothing seemed to be happening. I heard they were going to connect the building with hallway connecting to the main building and also another pool in the grassy area, but this may have just been "people talk" at the time.

Mainly interested in if they have started updating/renovating the Curacao rooms as they did in the Aruba/Bonaire towers.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to my 9th trip in February for my 50th birthday!!! (and 6th stay at the Holiday Inn).

Debbie

i am going to aruba at holliday inn on the 22nd february.i have spoken to the hotel directly and i was told all renovations are finish.
    how is the holiday inn for a family ? you have been there 6 times.
    we hope we made a nice choice.we have a junior suite in the curaso tower.
    thanks
    diane

Hi Diane. The Holiday Inn is just that, similar to the ones you find anyplace else. It is nothing fancy, so if you're looking for accommodations such as the Marriott, you will be disappointed. The "buffet" food could be better but hey, it's a buffet. The food at the pool bar and the other restaurant that sits on the beach (darn it, I can't remember the name right now!) is good. Also, there is another restaurant there, but you have to make reservations for that (I think they start taking reservations at 3 p.m.), and by that time, I am too settled in my beach chair catching the last rays of the day to go stand in line (will be there in Feb., so might have to try it out). They have a kids program to keep the kids busy and also an activities director that has a different activity out by the pool every day for both kids and adults, i.e. best tan, peeling an orange w/o breaking the rind, bingo, treasure hunt, etc. He usually makes it pretty fun for everyone and the kids seem to enjoy it too. There are 2 pools (one a "walk in" with a waterfall) and the other is a little deeper with a "mushroom waterfall". The kids seem to really like that one! I think the Holiday Inn has the best beach on Palm Beach and is much less crowded than at the Radisson, Marriott, etc. I hate people sitting on top of each other! I have stayed in the Curacao tower 2 or 3 times before and for me it was fine. I see a lot of people complain about it (as people will do with anything these days), but it's not bad. While you're on the beach, you have to keep your eyes open for the "ALOE MAN". He's a local Arubian who makes and sells his own Aloe (it stinks to high heaven, but people who have used it love it!). You will hear him coming and you can't miss his colorful outfits! He usually makes his rounds around the Holiday Inn about 1-2:00 I think.

If you have any other questions, please ask me and I will try to help. I will be there Feb. 10-18 and will celebrate my birthday on the 15th!!!

Debbie

was just in Aruba, New Years week at the Marriott...I agree that the Holiday Inn is beginning to really impress and they do have a very nice beach...I did however, walk by the Curacao tower on my way to the new mall...there is no way in the world that the rooms have been updated or are there other renovations for that matter...in fact, building appears vacant, would stay at other Holiday Inn buildings if at all possible...

Unhappy holiday inn renovations

My husband and I are going from Philly on Feb27, 2008. I was also told that the renovation to the curacao tower would be complete. I am getting doubtful from what I read. If anyone out there knows anything please let me know. We actually payed extra to stay in an oceanfront room in the curacao tower because it was where we stayed 2 years ago and loved our room. It was getting a little old and outdated but the view was spectacular, but we were assured that the renovations would be finished by now. We were going to go in Nov but waited to make sure the reno was done.