Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By linda_2332

Thread: Holiday Inn - non motorized water sports

Holiday Inn - non motorized water sports

Hi Forum

I am having a fair bit of trouble on this topic with my travel agent. We have a Sunwing package. In the travel book it says the Holiday Inn includes non motorized water sports for no charge. When I looked on the website I cannot find any information about it at all. On a TripAdvisor site I posted a question about it and was told there was nothing available for free. When I checked this with my agent she said that there was an error on the website- it was included- and not to worry. The free water sports is one of the reasons I chose this hotel. Can anyone give me a proper answer? What is there from the hotel? and is it free? I realize I can always rent from someone not associated with the hotel but that doesn't seem right to pay for something I thought was included. Thanks again. Linda

Aruba since 1979
    non motorized water sports would include:
    pools, beach, snorkeling/equipment, maybe beach mat like floats if the have them.
    i am also unsure if they have the small sea kayaks for their guests to use.

the motorized water sports would be things like jet ski rentals, boat snorkel trips, para sail, big mabel, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by linda_2332 View Post
    Hi Forum

I am having a fair bit of trouble on this topic with my travel agent. We have a Sunwing package. In the travel book it says the Holiday Inn includes non motorized water sports for no charge. When I looked on the website I cannot find any information about it at all. On a TripAdvisor site I posted a question about it and was told there was nothing available for free. When I checked this with my agent she said that there was an error on the website- it was included- and not to worry. The free water sports is one of the reasons I chose this hotel. Can anyone give me a proper answer? What is there from the hotel? and is it free? I realize I can always rent from someone not associated with the hotel but that doesn't seem right to pay for something I thought was included. Thanks again. Linda

Aruba since 1979

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Anytime I have stayed at the Holiday Inn there was no free non-motorized watersports. They don't even have anything at the H.I. to rent - no water floats, kayaks, etc. At one time they did advertise that they had bikes to use for free. There are vendors on the beach by the Marriott that rents water floats, etc. There is nothing free.

When are you going Linda? I will be there the end of next month and can report back.

So here we are finally in Aruba at the Holiday Inn. Tried asking at the desk a couple of times and got different answers. One said nope but I can pay for things at Pelican ( which I gather is associated with the hotel). The second gentleman said yes its done thru the children's area. But nothing was there. We finally meet with the Sunwing rep (Ella) who talked to the manager and explained how we thought it was part of the package. And the mgr said we could use any of the Pelican non motorized water sports we wanted for free. So I am happy. When we checked all Pelican had was kayaks and pedal boats. I'm not sure at this time what we might use but I did want to report the good news. Thank you to all who helped with my questions. Linda