Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Holiday Inn on points

If you have any issues tell them you are related to Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We booked 4 nights on points for this November. We are hoping for an upgrade but willing to accept whatever just to be there on points. We are Platinum and I know they are supposed to provide a complimentary upgrade if it is available. We wanted Ocean Front last year for 2 nights so we bit the bullet and just paid for it, didn't want to take any chances of not getting what we want, and it was only 2 nights so not a big price difference. Spire is higher than that so hopefully you will get the room you want. Be sure to book directly with the hotel website of you want your palapa reserved for you (with your status).

Thank you! My husband told me he has read up and got the same info, that they should automatically upgrade us. We're spire because he travels for work and solely uses IHG properties. He gets upgraded often. Also, I paid the kids' college tuitions with the IHG Visa and paid it off the next day since we had the funds to do so (next year, not so lucky though; do you know how expensive college is????????). During our last trip to HI, we did have the reserved palapa every day, which we all know is wellllll worth it.

Walt, didn't you know our great-great-great grandmother's were 2nd cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Thank you! My husband told me he has read up and got the same info, that they should automatically upgrade us. We're spire because he travels for work and solely uses IHG properties. He gets upgraded often. Also, I paid the kids' college tuitions with the IHG Visa and paid it off the next day since we had the funds to do so (next year, not so lucky though; do you know how expensive college is????????). During our last trip to HI, we did have the reserved palapa every day, which we all know is wellllll worth it.

Walt, didn't you know our great-great-great grandmother's were 2nd cousins?
    Actually I did... on my fathers side I believe!

Walt, when are you actually in Aruba? It looks like I may be taking a solo trip next month IF my tax returns are on the positive side, which I expect them to be. I have negotiated a deal with the wife. She gets a mini trip with her friend, a new granite mail box (I could care less) and 6 months of personal training once a week so she can lose her last 10 lbs of baby weight (her request not mine, lol) and I get 4 or 5 nights in Aruba. Here is hoping my tax man does some magic

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Actually I did... on my fathers side I believe!

We will be there April 18 through May 8.

Wow that is great! We may cross for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We will be there April 18 through May 8.

We will be at the Ritz 4/22 and 4/23. In any case we look forward to meeting you!

Walt it gives me an extra reason to want to go and I don't need many/any, lol. I would love to meet you and the Mrs. If/when I go it would probably be towards the beginning of your stay but anything may happen. I just need to wait till the end of the week to make sure I don't have any taxman surprises. We lost a ton of writeoffs with my son no longer being in daycare all day long. I don't miss the 1200 monthly but I will miss the deduction.

Jay, I hope it all works out for you! You know where to find us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12