Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Inn Sunspree

Baby beach, natural bridge, palm beach, California Lighthouse
    I have stayed at the Holiday Inn multiple times and had a great time. Although I find the service at the front desk to be poor the rest of the crew there is great!! My husband is an early riser so he gets our hut every morning but he does go down there at 5 am and the line is already forming. I think this is info the front desk should share when you register!! I have witnessed many arguments with guests who are not aware of the process to obtain a hut! I find it to be very peaceful everytime I go. Yes the beach does get crowded but it is less crowded the further from the pool and bar you go! If your AI bring insulated mugs they keep your drinks cool and you have to make less frequent trips to the bar. Bring lots of one's I usually go to the bank and get about a hundred for tips for the week. The bartenders work hard and when you simply add a tip to the bill they never see it. We also bring blow up floats in our suitcases they charge $5 a day for floats. We just bring them use them then leave them with other vacationioners. As far as internet service we have traditionally signed up with no problem from our computer in the room. When we were there in November it was very hard to get reservations in any of the restaurants included in the AI. We never have had that problem before and I am not sure if it was the time of year but even when we wnet first thing in the morning we were told they were full!! Have a great vacation!

What restaurants are there in the HI, for AI...we maybe doing that next year for 1 week then the marriot for the 2nd week

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Restaruants at the Holiday Inn are Cafe da Vinci, Seebreeze Ocean Grill, Corals Buffet Restaurant and the Iguana pool bar grill.

Any good.

[/url]

I know we have had breakfast buffet not too bad, had lunch at pool bar was ok..what about cafe da vinci??

[/url]

Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".
    I don't really "enjoy" any of the restaurants at the HI. I'm not a picky eater, but am not a fan of buffets where everyone is hovering over all the food. Plus my eggs have always been too runny, the omlets have always been overcooked, and the other food just sits and sits and sits, kinda skeeves me out. The pool bar is my favorite cause you can watch them cook it fresh. And they have some decent items, pizza, wings, steak sandwich, etc....

Cafe De Vinci was ... meh ... We had two decent dinner there, and they were both just ok. They do have some mushroom dish that has cheese on, and some kind of balasmic sauce or something (been awhile since I had it). That was decent, the pasta dishes are basic. There are waay better restarants to go eat at. Even when we stay AI, we wind up going out to eat for that reason. We use the AI just for the booze. Hahah

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I also thought Cafe da Vinci was just ok. The Iguana bar had good wings & pizza's.

I'm a picky eater and I really don't care for any of them!
    Drinks are good...

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    the breakfast buffet is ok.... someting to eat..i guess, and if you ask they will make eggs to order.
    we never did hit them for dinner. The days we where there we didn't care for what the theme was.....(would have loved to hit the seafood one but that was on the weekend and we where not there)
    we had lunch there once, but they were about to close. so I woudln't comment on that.
    we ate dinner at divenc;'s twice... ok. menu not real large.
    seabrease was ok also at there one night. also not a big selection.
    we ate once at the bar out by the pool, jezee if forget what I had..... was fine...
    drinks nice and cold from there!

hummm I am on the fence if I would do AI again.. because there is so many placed I would like to eat. but in the same mouth full, is it good just for breafast, something quick for lunch and then your drinks?

Yeah I figure we are doing HI AI for 1 week and marriott 2nd week so we don't want to eat out every night so we will do a few nights on the AI should be fine....

[/url]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast