Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Holiday Inn UPDATES, Renovations thx ER :)

Aruba since 1979

Thumbs up Holiday Inn UPDATES, Renovations thx ER :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZMIWDDB8LA

The Holiday Inn is undergoing a major (much needed) renovation. The Curacao Tower (and new pool) and the Bonaire Tower have been completed. The Aruba Tower and the Lobby closed two weeks ago. The temporary check-in Lobby is at the Curacao Tower. Renovations are expected to be completed by their Grand Opening on December 18th.

The names of the Towers are changing. The Aruba Tower (Playa Linda side) will be the Palm Tower; The Bonaire Tower will be the Ocean Tower and the Curacao Tower will be the Sea Tower. The Lobby Bar will be called the Palm Bar and the now Iguana Pool/Beach Bar will be called the Ocean Bar.

Nice to see the renovations, I just hope they keep the same great prices.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We just returned Friday, from the Holiday Inn, I should have videoed the renovations, but didn't want to be reminded of it. We stay here each year, the same time, because we've made some great friends who also come the same time. All I could say is that there were alot of unhappy campers, not the fault of the staff. A good number of use the same travel agent and feel we should have been made aware of the extent of the renovations going on during our vacation. I will not mention the name of the agent, because they might not have been aware of ALL the work being done at once. We do love this place, the staff is great and so is the location, BUT, no Iguana Bar, no Seabreeze, no activites, no entertainment, no Theme Night BBQ, and jack hammers all day, made for a tough 10 days. Also we did all inclusive and had very limited places to eat.
    Because we are IHG reward members, we were sent a survey upon our return, guess they weren't too happy with my rsponse, all ready heard from them and from the hotel itself. Now that I vented, what we saw done, looks good, the Curaco tower rooms are very comfortable and the pool area looks good. Guess we should have waited a month...

Hi, I'm due to arrive December 13th. What do you think will be going on renovation wise. I don't mind if they are working inside one of the towers, but I don't want to hear jackhammering, etc or have to worry about a lot of dust (have allergies)

Quote Originally Posted by jgm324 View Post
    Because we are IHG reward members, we were sent a survey upon our return, guess they weren't too happy with my rsponse, all ready heard from them and from the hotel itself. Now that I vented, what we saw done, looks good, the Curaco tower rooms are very comfortable and the pool area looks good. Guess we should have waited a month...
    Given all that, I really hope that they do something to make things right.

To pay all that money and be so limited with the all inclusive right there should have warranted a HUGE discount!

Aruba since 1979
    you said it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Given all that, I really hope that they do something to make things right.

To pay all that money and be so limited with the all inclusive right there should have warranted a HUGE discount!

So far, they offered us an upgrade on our next visit...WHOOPIE !!! Our travel agent wasn't thrilled to find out that they were not told about the extent of the work going on. So, I hope when you arrive the work is done and you can enjoy your vacation in peace. Besides the work going on, we didn't have the best of weather, which made it even better...LOL. Enjoy and have a drink for us. John

Will do. I don't think we're doing all inclusive so s long as I can get a drink at pool bar, grab coffee and something to eat in the morning, bring lunch to the beach and most importanlyt be able to get a palapa, I am happy.

Grab a drink and a chair, get in line around 2:30 for a hut, you should be all set.

Holiday Inn   UPDATES, Renovations     thx ER :)-095.jpgThis is the new pool, by the Curaco Tower.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast