Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: hotel breaks?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I don't take jewelry either.
    Last edited by CK1; 09-01-2013 at 02:34 AM.

We stay at least two weeks, so would like the internet along with what we call our "Aruba cell phones". Since we spend so much time there, and the Divi's internet is more expensive and is not consistently working, we got a router from Setar (which was also stolen). We had just bought that during our November trip, so worked for us that trip, our January trip, and part of our March trip. We would not be able to spend so much time in Aruba without my constant checking for what is in our best interest in the long run. The router was a great buy because we went to Aruba so often. It also gave us the opportunity to have more than one person online at the same time. We only had a laptop and an iPad, so that is what we brought. Using the internet on an iPhone is hard, so we did not want to do that. We would normally go to our room after the beach or pool and both be able to use the internet. My husband would also use in the morning so he could keep up on his Boston sports teams Problem is at some time, all items need to be charged with a surge protector. We bring enough stuff to Aruba to fill our suitcases so share the surge protector with all the products. If the Divi's used Setar for the internet, we never would have probably gotten the router, just used the internet separate, but since we wanted to use Setar, we needed the router to get a signal or else we would have to walk to ABC which would be a pain. I know we bring a lot of electronics, but we felt that was needed. At this point I will probably only bring my husband's Kindle, we no longer have the router, so probably no computer items. Probably only bring one Kindle (I will read books), I may bring my iPod, and our two phones (now Samsung Galaxy 4S). This was if this again happens, our losses will be less. With $1,000 home owners deductible, it is not worth the claim for the amount our insurance will go up.
    I will never stay in a 1 bedroom room again. I am not sure what would have happened if I had a studio and they came in, but I would have felt better if I had been able to confront them.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
    I will never stay in a 1 bedroom room again. I am not sure what would have happened if I had a studio and they came in, but I would have felt better if I had been able to confront them.
    How fast were they in and out?

I think I have a solution, if you want to stay there and not have your room invaded while you're in it.

They make these devices, I forget what you call them, but they basically wedge between the door and the floor; so entry can't be made without kicking in the door with a battery ram. You can pack it in your suitcase.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234