Aruba Beach

Thread: Hotel rennovations

Hotel rennovations

Hello all, I am hoping someone out there can give me a little information. I have been to Aruba 5 times and always wanted to stay at the Bucuti. Well last September I made my reservations to stay there in May 2013 for a week. So excited. Now today I happened to look at the hotel online and noticed they will be having some renovations done in May. I called them and they said they were actually going to close for 2 weeks and one of them happens to be my week! They will move us to another hotel but as of right now they don't know what one. Well now I am not sure what to do. I really would like to know what hotel they would probably move us to and I am so upset that if I had not seen this online today that I may not have known about it until I arrived. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know if the Bucuti would need to let me know ahead of time where I will be put up or should I just cancel and make reservations elsewhere? I had gotten such a good deal and now no matter where I book it will cost more but I am willing to pay just to be back again. Suggestions anyone?

Aruba since 1979
    i would call them back and ask to speak with the MOD or Mr Biemans and ask them all of the same questions that you have asked here.

at first i thought they'd move folks to the manchebo, but further thought leads me to believe maybe they would send folks to the renaissance marina hotel (the only other "child free" resort on aruba).

the month of may is a somewhat slower time on aruba, so rebooking a hotel might not cost you more, maybe even less!!!

let us know how things turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina4760 View Post
    Hello all, I am hoping someone out there can give me a little information. I have been to Aruba 5 times and always wanted to stay at the Bucuti. Well last September I made my reservations to stay there in May 2013 for a week. So excited. Now today I happened to look at the hotel online and noticed they will be having some renovations done in May. I called them and they said they were actually going to close for 2 weeks and one of them happens to be my week! They will move us to another hotel but as of right now they don't know what one. Well now I am not sure what to do. I really would like to know what hotel they would probably move us to and I am so upset that if I had not seen this online today that I may not have known about it until I arrived. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know if the Bucuti would need to let me know ahead of time where I will be put up or should I just cancel and make reservations elsewhere? I had gotten such a good deal and now no matter where I book it will cost more but I am willing to pay just to be back again. Suggestions anyone?

As Andrea said, I would call and speak to someone in authority. That said, and knowing myself, I would insist on the details in writing. You also have plenty of time to research other resorts and prices on line and decide whether you want to cancel and stay somewhere else. Not sure you would really want them to decide for you.

Thank you both for your answers. I was just so very upset since I had always wanted to stay at the Bucuti and at the surpise at finding out it was closing for 3 weeks without informing me. Oh well I was happy at the Manchebo so I will probably go back there. I just love the low rise section. Again thanks and Happy New Years! As long as I am in Aruba everything will be fine.....

Aruba since 1979
    a few years ago on aruba, one of the hotels was very overbooked and they sent the guests to the hyatt. from what i heard, many of those people that went to hyatt were NOT happy, but there was no other option for them.

you have time and options, thank goodness.
    make the call first.
    then decide.

also too, make some inquiries of renting timeshare unit at costa linda. you will have the same great beach at costa linda and the spaciousness and conveniences of a timeshare. pricing would be less than bucuti.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina4760 View Post
    Thank you both for your answers. I was just so very upset since I had always wanted to stay at the Bucuti and at the surpise at finding out it was closing for 3 weeks without informing me. Oh well I was happy at the Manchebo so I will probably go back there. I just love the low rise section. Again thanks and Happy New Years! As long as I am in Aruba everything will be fine.....