Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Hotel room availability question

Hotel room availability question

Do hotels hold back rooms, or "play" with availability to get you to book a higher cost room by removing the lower priced rooms for a period of time and they "reappear" at a later date?

I've only heard that with airline seats... not hotel rooms... a room sold is a room sold.

That response makes me sad, lol. I won't be staying at the Ritz if I go in June/July if I can't reserve the coastline room, the oceanfront room is out of my budget. I may be trying out the Marriott it appears unless they raise their rates before I book as well.

The only place I see a coastline room available is thru jetblue with their package. Do they actually buy the rooms or just have them "reserved" so they can sell them? My hope is one of their rooms goes back into inventory before I book something else. I know your next thought is why don't you book with them....I don't get the points nor an upgrade when I do that.... so its the Ritz or Marriott for me if/when I book.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 05-19-2016 at 05:39 PM.

You really can't beat that Hilton price you posted for the summer. Why not go with that? Great location.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Or...
    Given your relationships and frequent guest status at the Ritz, is there someone you can call or email to ask if they can help you out?

Tracey- They ran that special at the Hilton for one day. They are still running a good rate just not great and for their current rate I would stay at the Marriott. The marriott is now a similar cost and no renovations. I have sent an email asking about the chance of a room becoming available...I have not heard back as of now. The Ritz rewards department says they dont hold back rooms and it will depend on if someone cancels.

Aruba since 1979
    is this for your summer trip?

would u consider a timeshare at marriott ocean or surf?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Tracey- They ran that special at the Hilton for one day. They are still running a good rate just not great and for their current rate I would stay at the Marriott. The marriott is now a similar cost and no renovations. I have sent an email asking about the chance of a room becoming available...I have not heard back as of now. The Ritz rewards department says they dont hold back rooms and it will depend on if someone cancels.

Hope it all works out for you!

Andrea, our summer trip is booked from August 8-22 at the Ritz, all set for that one. I have put money aside for the past year just for that trip- I am funny with how I allocate my cash. One of my friends thinks I am nuts, he keeps saying it comes from the same person....it does not matter where you pull it from. I respectfully disagree, I hate pulling money out of my savings to travel, I prefer saving to travel....strange, sure, but it does not seem to hurt as bad when I take cash from my vacation fund instead of savings/investment accounts.

This would be sneaky away when my wife and son are staying with her family- I have been excused from that trip
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 05-19-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    damn...i never got excused from the inlaw visits! you are one lucky guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Our summer trip is booked from August 8-22 at the Ritz, all set for that one. This would be sneaky away when my wife and son are staying with her family- I have been excused from that trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast