Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotel Safes: Are They Secure???

I've never heard of such a thing and have always felt very comfortable leaving our cash and other valuables in our safe. It sure doesn't leave me with the warm fuzzies.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

When we were there (Manchebo Beach resort) last they had to call a tech from the safe company to hook the safe to a handheld device that opens the safe.

Exclamation Divi Links

I stayed at the Divi Links, where my parents own a time share, from May 7th-14th, 2011. $250 went missing from my room safe. I got the same run around. Travel insurance doesn't cover missing cash and the resort won't do anything for you either...because you can say any amount of money was taken. I don't feel comfortable going back there again!

Aruba since 1979
    hope you filed a police report.

was the safe a key or combo safe?

Quote Originally Posted by tmw124 View Post
    I stayed at the Divi Links, where my parents own a time share, from May 7th-14th, 2011. $250 went missing from my room safe. I got the same run around. Travel insurance doesn't cover missing cash and the resort won't do anything for you either...because you can say any amount of money was taken. I don't feel comfortable going back there again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12