Aruba Beach

Thread: Which hotel to stay at Radisson or Westin???

Which hotel to stay at Radisson or Westin???

Hello -
    My husband and I are planning to go back to Aruba 11/20/08-11/29/08...We have been there twice. The first time was for our honeymoon in 10/2000 we stayed at the Renaissance at the time it was called Sonesta. We went back the 2nd time in 2004 and stayed at the Radisson. I'm questioning where to stay this time. I've heard good and bad things about the Westin. Does anyone have any advice? We're leaning towards the Radisson again, but I just thought I'd see what I could find out from the forum!!!

Thanks!!!

We have stayed at the Radisson four times and three times at the Westin when it was still the Westin. If your budget can afford the Radisson I would go with the Radisson. If not, the Westin is next best thing.

Imho, the beach at the Radisson is better...bigger and less wind. Approx. 570 feet long at the Radisson vs. 350 feet at the Westin. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.566...17&l=0&m=a&v=2 At the Radisson, you may reserve your palapa free of charge, late in the afternoon for the following day.

Pool area is also much nicer and more modern at the Radisson. Many many complaints regarding wind in the pool area at the Westin.

Thank you for the info. Do you have any advice as to which floor or tower to stay in? Do you know if I can request this at time of reservation?

I just found this post too Radisson vs Westin

I think when you ask about room and tower you are referring to the Radisson right?

If so, most people prefer the Aruba Tower because the rooms are larger. But then you get into the whole huge debate famous on trip advisor of oceanview vs. roofview. IOW, everyone wants an oceanview room in the Aruba tower but wants to pay for a standard or gardenview room.

Let's be realisitic. You get what you pay for.

Honestly if you HAVE to HAVE a room in the Aruba Tower the ONLY way to do that is to book their concierge level.

I wrote a good bit about the accommodations at the Radisson after our last stay there Radisson Aruba Accommodations

We book all of our travel to Aruba with MCM Tours and as other here will tell you, not only are they reputable, but they often have some of, if not THE best, rates and "goodies" on the Radisson, including their "All You Can Eat" breakfast buffet.

LOL, my Mom and Dad booked the Radisson through MCM last August and requested the Bonaire Tower and instead received a room in the Curacao Tower. Were they upset? NO! They paid for the cheapest room and had a gorgeous oceanview on a high floor near the end of the hallway closest to the ocean.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-06-2008 at 01:08 PM.