Aruba Beach

Thread: Hotels

Hotels

Hello!

New to the forum and am planning a vacation for the hubby and I. Shooting for Fall or after the new year.

I poked around but didn't seem to find any threads discussing the various hotels.

Any input on which resorts are the best? We are looking for midrange.

Thanks!

Did you see Hotels -Share & get information concerning Hotels all over the island.

Did you have a specific hotel or beach in mind, timeshare, small resort, large resort, international chain? What are you looking for in a resort vacation?

10 views and not one suggestion?

Anyone?? Bueller???

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Did you see Hotels -Share & get information concerning Hotels all over the island.

Did you have a specific hotel or beach in mind, timeshare, small resort, large resort, international chain? What are you looking for in a resort vacation?
    I feel so dumb now! I didn't see that whole section.

We are looking for a medium to upscale hotel that has both all inclusive or a la carte options available.

Only requirement for me really is it has to be beachfront, not across the street.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymra View Post
    We are looking for a medium to upscale hotel that has both all inclusive or a la carte options available.

Only requirement for me really is it has to be beachfront, not across the street.

Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum Official Aruba Community Forum. I too found that was the easiest place to start to see all of the sub-forums.

There are many varying opinions of vacationing in Aruba on an all inclusive vacation vs. ala carte.

There are also various opinions of staying at a high resort along Palm Beach vs. a low rise resort along Eagle, Manchebo or Druif Beaches.

We used to travel to Aruba exclusively ala carte and for years have suggested that if you are not big drinkers, that an ala carte vacation was the only way to travel to Aruba. Aruba has more fine restaurants in every price range, than you will have nights to sample them.

I do understand that people do have their own reasons for desiring an all inclusive vacation.

All inclusive resorts in Aruba include:
    High Rise/ Palm Beach
    Holiday Inn (all inclusive option)
    Occidental (all inclusive only)
    Riu Palace (all inclusive only)
    Westin (all inclusive option)- note this is a franchise location and not necessarily what some would expect in from a Westin property

Low Rise
    Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, Eagle Beach (all inclusive option) - across a very small road from the beach http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.553851&lon=-70.054471&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2
    Manchebo Beach Resort, Manchebo Beach (all inclusive option)
    Divi Aruba Beach Resort, Druif Beach (all inclusive only)
    Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort, Druif Beach (all inclusive only)

If you go to My Aruba Story there are some threads, and links to photos which may assist you in your research.

Imo, if money were no option:
    Radisson (ala carte)
    Riu (all inclusive)

In my "real world":
    Tamarijn All Inclusive was perfect for us in December. The "story" starts here Tamarijn All Inclusive 12/22 - 1/3/08 Overview. We are going back in June.
    In the future would like to stay at the Divi All Inclusive which is a sister property. Stay at either resort and you have use of all of the amenities and restaurants at both the Divi and Tamarijn. If only to see what the difference is between the two. Not a five star hotel, but it is hard to beat the all oceanfront rooms at the Tamarijn though.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

Manchebo, Bucuti, Radisson, Divi, ...... are some.
    Divi is AI and Manchebo has both.
    For pricing look at www.aruba4u.com/
    >>>> "after the new year."
    --------- Prices are always higher Prime Time, December through mid April.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 03-17-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Yes, we have been using MCM Tours http://www.aruba4u.com/as well for the best pricing for the past 9 years.

if you are smokers--- it kind of limits your choices too.

I searched high and low and the advice Lisa gives is fabulous.
    INCLUDING the Aruba4u.site. That site had my other sites by a couple hundred $$. We decided the Radisson- standard room. If I need a view I will go outside the room. It comes with breakfast and 100. room credit.
    We are not big drinkers so i cant warrant the price for the all inclusive.
    Plus we are going in an off season- Sept.

(might be too early to look for next year still. Flights come available 300 days before the date)