Aruba Beach

Thread: Hyatt Regency

haven't been anywhere but Palm Beach - looking forward to exploring.

Hyatt Regency

Just wondering if anyone has an update on the conditions at the Hyatt Regency - we'll be there in 10 days and just want to chill on the beach with a cocktail or two - can we count on that becoming a reality?

Hi Joycee - See that your original post was a few weeks ago, you might be sitting on that beach with a cocktail in hand right now!!!

We are leaning heavily to the Hyatt for our honeymoon (delayed) in April 09, and I have been trying to get info on Hyatt vs Westin....also whether beaches are clean. Sounds as if there may be some sort of beach odor/problem at the Marriott end, but only there. If you see this post upon your return, can you let me know whether the beach at the Hyatt was clean and also how your stay was? And why would the conditions at the Hyatt be such that you asked your original question? Is there construction there or something else that would prevent the "chilling on the beach with a cocktail.."? Thanks for any info!!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    denisedld...it sounds as if you're planning an april vacation..thats around 130 days from now..any problem will be certainly taken care of by then. I understand your concern, but rest assured, aruba isn't going to screw around with its bread and butter.
    We too will be there in april 09..cindyo
    Last edited by cindyo; 11-26-2008 at 09:51 AM.

haven't been anywhere but Palm Beach - looking forward to exploring.
    We came home last Friday - the trip was fantastic. I would highly recommend the Hyatt Hotel. The beach is wonderful, large area, white sand and the most beautiful blue water you have ever seen. My reason for asking about the conditions was due to a storm that passed by in September and I was reading some unsetteling information about the surrounding beaches. We met several couples that were staying at the Marirott and they were unhappy with the beach as there was still a foul odor and work to be done.
    The staff at the Hyatt is unbelieveable, so caring, helpful, friendly and really fun to be with - the food at the hotel and the resturants in walking distance is all 5 star. In my opinion your honeymoon will be wonderful because you chose Aruba - and should you stay at the Hyatt or any of the other beautiful places you'll have a grand time. And for sure any information you get on this line is most helpful. The senior members are amazing I would have been lost without them!!

Thank you both so much (and other forum members in other forum areas!) for your helpful guidance. Today I will be booking our trip without reservation (well, with reservations for hotel/air, but no personal reservations about how great it will be!!).

I agree with Joycee - Cindyo, thank you and so many others, I have already gotten much valuable info and will continue to return often to this site as my anticipation builds for our honeymoon!!!

Thank you all for the wonderful report.

I have a Faster Free Night or 2 which I can use at the Hyatt & also
    Marriott points--& reservations to use both. I have heard warnings that the beach floor at the Hyatt is muddy/ slimy. However, in this thread & Fattypatty's Marriott beach thread I am encouraged by the cleanup jobs. Any more info or comments, please?

I am due to arrive Feb. 28/ 2009 via cruise ship & fly home March 4, but I might change that to March 7.