Aruba Beach

Thread: Hyatt room type question

Hyatt room type question

We're planning our second visit to Aruba, and we're looking at the Hyatt. In looking at the photos, I see that there's the high-rise building, and then a lower-rise building(s). Does anyone know where the different room types are located? Specifically, are the rooms in the low-rise as nice as the high-rise? Thank you!

http://www.aruba.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/rooms/room-description.jsp
    There is an excellent description of each room category with room locations. All room interiors and amenities are the same with the exception of "Guestroom" category which offers only a queen size bed and small window as opposed to a step out balcony. Only certain category suites offer full walk out balconies.

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Just stayed in high-rise building this past december, ocean front room with walk-out balcony. Room was huge and decorated to the 9's. If possible try to stay above floor 2 and on side closest to pool, that will make the sunsets more accessible. If u need a little help with keeping your bar tab down ...let me know. Nothing illegal...just economical.

What advice do you have on keeping the bar tabs down? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcjjt View Post
    What advice do you have on keeping the bar tabs down? Thanks
    Pick up a bottle of rum (or two, or three) at the rum shop in the green Palmera rum building on your way to the hotel. Really nice people and prices are better than at Duty Free.

Suites at the Hyatt

Thinking of booking a suite this year at the Hyatt. This will be our 7th year, and my son wants to bring one of his college buddies. Staying in the same room with mom is out of the question for 3 of us. Does the Hyatt have one-room suites, with a seperate sitting area with a convertible couch, or do I have to go with a 2-room suite - Can any help me out? Thanks!

Thanks ArubaLisa. I have read about each of the suites, but would prefer a referral from someone who has stayed in the type of suite I'm looking for. Why doesn't the Hyatt post pictures of the suite configurations - that would be helpful. Also, thanks for the King/pull out suggestion, however, I don't want my sleeping quarters in the same room with the "college kids". I think I'll just give the Hyatt a call. Thank you for your help.

You very rarely see comments on any of the forums about the suites at any of the Palm Beach resorts with the exception of the Westin. Why that is I have no clue. Even fewer comments on the Hyatt.

We have stayed in a suite at the Radisson as well as seen the other categories and they are all spectacular.

The Westin has two categories of oceanfront suites with views to die for as well as a very large oceanview one bedrooom suite.

The Marriott has very nice corner suites with gorgeous wrap around balconies, unfortunatley they are king only.