Aruba Beach

Thread: I'm one click away from booking..got lots of questions

I'm one click away from booking..got lots of questions

Please don't laugh, but this is the most expensive holiday I've ever boooked....

So,

I'm looking at a 1 bedroom suite at Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Suites at Dutch Village MY first question is, the tour company (First choice) website says there is a king bed in the bedroom, and a queen sleeper sofa. Is the sofa in the living area, and does the bedroom have a door? Don't laugh, traveling with a 13 year old, it's important, and our last holiday (in Corfu) the bedroom, didn't have a door....seriously offputting.

Next question... The website says:
    All restaurants, bars and activities are at the adjoining sister hotels of the Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive and the Divi Aruba All Inclusive. 10 dining options (9 at the Divi & Tamarijn Aruba, including open-air buffet restaurants, Italian restaurant, open-air grill restaurant, Asian Restaurant, Poolside pizza & snack bars, café (serving lunch and drinks, 1 located at Dutch Village and 1 at The Links where a supplement is payable) and 8 bars at the Divi & Tamarijn Aruba.

Does this mean that the meals are all buffet and we have to go to another resort to eat? How far is it? Do we have to pay if we want to have an ala carte meal? Again, my 13 year old could eat for England so this is important to her!

Lastly, both my OH and daughter are into snorkeling, and my wife is VERY into diving. Is that decent at druif beach or will they have to go elsewhere for a good day out....if so, where and hoe far.

As you can tell, I'm really getting stressed over all this. I want it to be perfect so are there any recommendations on where we should ask for our room? Is this resort very spread out. I know there are lots of pools available, but we really prefer the beaches...(old Cape Coder) and although we want to be near enough to walk to the entertainment, we don't want to be kept awaka at night with a bunch of drunks singing til 2 AM (previous hoildays in the Med are spring to mind).

Thanks in advance for all your help....I'm SO looking forward to this holiday!

Cheers,

Greg

Here is the information I know for a fact.

http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_map.jpg
    You are aware the resort is set back from the beach behind a set of buildings from the Tamarijn resort?

http://www.tamarijnaruba.com/restaurants/index.php

Restaurants Located at the Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive:
    Paparazzi Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
    ala carte
    Italian restaurant

Ginger
    ala carte
    Asian-fusion restaurant

Palm Grill
    oceanfront open air restaurant
    ala carte you stir fry (limited choices) on grill tables

Cunucu Terrace
    buffet

Pizza per Tutti
    bar and grill
    snacks and sandwiches

Restaurants Located at the Divi Aruba All Inclusive:
    Red Parrot restaurant
    ala carte
    International cuisine

Pelican Terrace
    buffet

Coco Grill and Bar
    bar and grill
    snacks and sandwiches

Sandpiper Bar
    pasta dishes, sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs

Located at The Links at Divi Aruba golf course:
    Windows on Aruba
    ala carte fine dining
    international cuisine
    *$30 pp Surcharge applies at Windows on Aruba

I wasn't aware that it was behind other buildings, but it did say a 5 minute walk to the beach, so I knew it wasn't beachfront.....But with the costs of flights from the UK, and only one tour company over here d9oing aruba holidays, I'm kind of stuck...Budget can only stretch so far, and I'm sure Aruba will be worth a few minutes walk!

Thanks for your help.....If you're in Aruba the end of July next year, I owe you a drink!

Cheers,

Greg

Greg, I have a few photos of the Dutch Village here.

The photo below shows the pathway walking from one of the pool areas at the Dutch Village towards the beach. The yellow and orange building are those of the Tamarijn.
    click on the thumbnail to enlarge

We stayed at the divi village in Aug. Yes it is a 5min walk to the beach,not a big deal. Does the room discription say 'studio suite'? If so there is no door, it is just 1 open space. That is what we had.

Some of the restaurants are buffet style and some you have to make reservations. If you stay at the Divi all inclusive 'Mulligans' is also included in the AL plan, but is never listed for some reason. I found that to be the best place to eat too. Great views.

Will be bookming tomorrow. If your in Aruba from 24 July for 2 weeks come and see us, we'll buy you a drink!! (isn't AI wonderful!)

Booked!

Finally got it sorted, 1 vedroom, AI for the first two weeks in Aug 2010...And the flight is a dirext one...big bonus!

So lookinng froward to our first (of I hope many) visits. I've even downloaded the old beach boys song!

See you on the beach!