Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Info on Occidental

Occidental

I own 13weeks of timeshare at Occidental. I think its a great clean, friendly resort. If you are on the AI, I think the food in the buffet is just average. The Italian is very good. I can't say enough about the food in the private dining room for the Royal Club. Personally, I woudn't spend the extra money for the Royal Club unless you need top shelf liquor and eat in the private dining roome for every meal.

As for the towels, yes they have a hard time keeping up with clean towels on the beach. I own at many other resorts in Aruba, and Occidental is the only resort who does not question how many times you get your towels replaced in one day. So, people get them at night to save a spot on the beach in the AM, then go for a swim, change them again. Leave them on the lounge chairs, it rains and then they want to get new ones again. They never say no. Its hard to keep up with that kind of demand.

Mary Alice

Thanks for your replys. We are excited about our first trip to Auba. Hope we chose the right hotel. Has anyone upgraded to the Royal Club. Hope it was worth it.

Banned

Occidental

We stayed here with our 3 year old son for 3 nights. We had great fun there and worth the money. This place really has all you need from your accommodation and I would have no hesitation in recommending this property.

Thanks,

My wife and I just spent the best week at the Occidental Grand.
    We were in the Royal Club and you couldn't ask for better service.
    As soon as we walked into the lobby and mentioned RC, a bellhop brought us and our bags up on the elevator and brought us up to the 9th floor to the RC Concierge. Veronica was just the best, she took excellent care of usset our dinner reservations and even had a bottle of wine brought to our table for our Anniversary dinner.
    Miguel who is a waiter in the RC is superb as was Elena. they both were excellent to deal with. The RC is worth the money and my wife and I look forward to many more trips.
    I highly recommend the Occidental and the Royal Club. I will go on about how fab this place was later and dispel these negative reviews I keep hearing about.
    4 thumbs up!

Irish Mike,
    We leave for our honeymoon this Sunday so anything you can tell us would be great!

Glad you had a great trip!

RK did you upgrade to the royal club?
    I am swamp today and prob tomorrow but if there is anything specific you'd like to know I would be happy to pass along the info.
    Just shoot me an email.

Mike

Smile Occidental grand

Thanks for your reply. I feel much better about our trip now. We did upgrade to the Royal Club. I am glad to hear it was worth it. Looking forward to hearing more about the trip.
    Glad you had a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Mike View Post
    RK did you upgrade to the royal club?
    I am swamp today and prob tomorrow but if there is anything specific you'd like to know I would be happy to pass along the info.
    Just shoot me an email.

Mike
    I sent you a PM since I could not find an E-mail address.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123