Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: La Cabana/Aruban resort questions

from the little i know, i think they do, but as noted, the aruban has less chairs and palapas.

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    from the little i know, i think they do, but as noted, the aruban has less chairs and palapas.
    Thanks I hadn't seen what Andrea wrote.

i got offered 1 bedroom at the aruban for 500.00 for the week and la cabana would be about 800.00. i have no idea which one to pick.....if we go with three kids we may do aruban for the pool slide....if its only us la cabana......i know the aruban's rooms are dated but as long as its clean i'm good. but being closer to the beach.....AAARRRGH! lol

ok...really, how far a walk is it. i walked from the pool with the slide at divi to the beach and was ok...is this any further?(the aruban i mean)

- you have to walk through the lobby of la Cabana , through the pool area and onto the beach - 10 min. walk max.

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    ok...really, how far a walk is it. i walked from the pool with the slide at divi to the beach and was ok...is this any further?(the aruban i mean)
    At the Aruban, the walk is a straight shot out to the beach, not so at the Divi Links pool. I am thinking the Aruban is a bit shorter walk to the beach.
    http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5515894&lon=-70.0545144&z=17&l=0&m=b 920 feet

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5379644&lon=-70.0559628&z=17&l=0&m=b

Aruba since 1979
    yes they use the same beach

i do not know how they came to an agreement re: the palapas

x amount of chairs and palapas are for aruban
    x (more) amount of chairs and palapas for lacabana

maybe liz o gretch someone could give more definitive information .

when paul and i are at lacabana, we do not make ourselves comfortable at the beach.
    we are pool people and stay at the pool all day.
    sometime during the day, usually 2x we leave the pool for 2 minutes or so, walk over to the beach, hop in the water and bob around a bit. but, we never make "camp" there. we just walk over and take our dips. if i am not mistaken i think that is what Liz-arubalover does too.

Aruba since 1979
    from the furthest building back at the aruban, it is probably a 7 minute walk lugging stuff.
    if you are empty handed, maybe a bit quicker.

the lacabana lobby security discourages folks from aruban passing thru the lobby.........that is unless one is going to be visiting the shops/restaurants on lacabana property.

Yes, the same beach. All beaches are public in Aruba. The lounge chairs are a different matter. They are different colors for each resort. Only those staying at lacabana can use their pool and pool deck. They issue wrist bands. I think you can use the slide at the Aruban, but they may ask you to remove lacabana's wrist band.
    crosby.

Aruba since 1979
    yes about removing the wrist band.
    i wasn't going to bring it up but...............last time in aruba i felt the need to do 2 hrs of water aerobics a few times. i did the class at the lacabana pool and then joined a friend that was staying out back at the aruban, removed my wrist band and joined her in the class out back in that pool. the instructor told me i was welcomed to join the group. also too, went back there a few times for afternoon BINGO.

the aruban is more welcoming of lacabana owners, then lacabana is of aruban owners.
    i think, that the aruban is trying to get folks to see their property and BUY and if there are folks that "visit" they are not asked to leave. i was there as a guest of a friend staying there. lacabana is not quite so welcoming aka warm and fuzzy........if one is not a registered guest WEARING a wristband, you could be asked to remove your body from the lacabana property.

thanks for all the info.....i love you guys! the maps were great! we are actually gonna be two families going. friends with two kids and us with one. so the size of the room may be a factor....the pool is definately a factor....other wife and i are ok with dated room, provided they are clean.(my personal feeling....i don't care if i stay in a box...IT'S A BOX ON ARUBA! I'LL TAKE IT!!!) LOL so i figure 300.00 is a really nice dinner out if we save it on the room.

hubby and i went to lunch yesterday and of course the conversation was all about where we are eating when we go back to aruba...lol

next question...who was it that rented a van...we will be 7 people.....lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast