Aruba Beach

Thread: Lap top/safe deposit box Divi

Lap top/safe deposit box Divi

I'm starting the packing process since we have a full weekend with the holiday...leaving Monday for our first trip to Aruba! We are staying at the Divi AI and I've seen pics of the room and safe deposit box which appears to be a smailler, old style box. I'm thinking that our laptop will not fit in it...how would/do you secure it? Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    folks have come up with ingenious ways of securing laptop in the hotel room.

or should i say "hiding" it.

the best bet is to probably lock your suitcase and put in the closet.
    or you could check with the front desk and ask if there is a secure area where they could hold it for you.

also too make sure that you instruct your housekeeper to to prop the door open while she is cleaning your room and the room next door. quite often, they keep the door ajar and work in and out of 2 rooms at a time. (leaving 1 room unlocked/open while cleaning next door).

we bring our laptop all of the time and have never had an issue.

We too always take a lap top with us. We have never had a problem at any of the resorts in Aruba. At the Tamarijn dh simply puts it in a drawer.

My husband travels a lot for his job, and his company provides a laptop security cable. If you do a web search on that term, there's many on the market. I don't know what kind he has, but I think they average about $20 to buy. You don't have enough time to order one, but I would think you could buy one at a computer store. You would need to make sure you can use security cable with your laptop.

We usually stay at the Marriott Stelarris in Aruba, and their safe deposit boxes have plenty of room for a lap top. I don't know if they have their safe deposit dimensions or pictures on their web site, but if they do, maybe you could compare theirs to the one at the Divi.

(Have a great time in Aruba!!)
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    I don't know if they have their safe deposit dimensions or pictures on their web site, but if they do, maybe you could compare theirs to the one at the Divi.

(Have a great time in Aruba!!)
    Definitely will not fit a lap top Divi Vista building closet with safe. Compare to the size of the iron...the interior of the safe is also smaller than outside dimensions in that the walls of the safe are at least 1/2" thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Definitely will not fit a lap top Divi Vista building closet with safe. Compare to the size of the iron...the interior of the safe is also smaller than outside dimensions in that the walls of the safe are at least 1/2" thick.
    That is a really small safe, Lisa. I would definitely look into buying a lap top security cable. It's not a big expenditure, and it would give me peace of mind. For me, it's kind of like the Vacation Vault. I really didn't think I'd need it, but on the other hand, better safe than sorry.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

We bring a laptop and always use a security cable. We leave the laptop on the dining room table in our room and attach it around one of the chairs. Yeah, you could take the chair AND the laptop but I'd like to see someone do that and not get stopped going out our door, onto our balcony and down our stairs at Amsterdam Manor (in the middle of the resort)...LOL!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I always travel with my company computer. I leave it plugged in and running (albeit, under the dresser). Unfortunately, it has never been stolen.........so I end up doing work related e-mails every evening.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thanks...my husband is looking into the computer cable....if we don't come up with one since we are leaving in 3 days...YEAH!!!! we will probably lock it in our suitcase. We have a bicycle cable that we use to bundle our beach chairs on our patio when we are vacationing in Florida...had a few stolen one year and the chain works well to keep them all together when we aren't using them. I'm thinking we can take it and secure the suitcase to something. I did purchase the vacation vault for our small items when we are on the beach. I also have a couple of TSA approved locks for our checked baggage...we had an IPod and speakers stolen out of our checked baggage a few years ago...we now make sure we have room in our carry-on for anything of value. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions come up before we leave...this board has been a great help in my planning process!