Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A little torn

  1. #11
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by lillion View Post
    Arubalisa,

    Is the pool at the Divi less of a kid magnet?
    The pool at the Divi is a bit larger than that at the Tamarijn.

    With the kids club itself being at the Tam, I think overall you will find more families staying at the Tamarijn vs. the Divi.

  2. #12
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i just looked at lillion's post where she said she will be on island APR 22.
    that could be a "kid time" at Tamarijn.

    i am unsure of dates for NE "april school vacation", but typically it is the 3rd or 4th week of april i think ???
    Yep,you are right Andrea. NE School vacation falls typically falls week 3.

  3. #13
    Member peapod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    the beachs
    Posts
    60
    Hi,
    We have been staying at the Tam, will be 9 years this September and we do not have any children. It does attract more kids than the Divi, so it is really nice that we have the option of using the facilities at both the Tam and the Divi. The fact that all of the rooms at the Tam are oceanview and you pay less is an added plus.

    So if the pool is a bit too kid friendly, you can always take the short walk or shuttle to the Divi pool. This combination in my opinion just can't be beat. We are in our late 50's and really enjoy the layed back, slower pace of the low rise hotels. It is of course always a personal preference.

  4. #14
    Senior Member purpleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    61
    Posts
    772
    We've stayed at the Riu. We personally liked it, and the Riu is by far the best resort we've stayed at so far in Aruba. It is more upscale, and the food is outstanding. We did the AI and ate primarily at the buffet, which was top notch for buffets. In addition, there's a better selection of alcohol (including top shelf).

    I guess it all boils down to preference.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    In addition, there's a better selection of alcohol (including top shelf).

    I guess it all boils down to preference.
    Absolutely correct. The Riu is a 4 star resort and the Divi/Tamarijn are 3 star.

    The Divi and Tamarijn do however also offer premium "top shelf" liquor, though no in-room mini-bar.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    We've stayed at the Riu. We personally liked it, and the Riu is by far the best resort we've stayed at so far in Aruba. It is more upscale, and the food is outstanding. We did the AI and ate primarily at the buffet, which was top notch for buffets. In addition, there's a better selection of alcohol (including top shelf).

    I guess it all boils down to preference.
    Purpleangel,

    Thank you for the reply. I know you had said that the Riu was the best reosrt you've stayed at in Aruba- which others have you been to? Have you ever been to the Tam/Divi?

  7. #17
    Senior Member purpleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    61
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by lillion View Post
    Purpleangel,

    Thank you for the reply. I know you had said that the Riu was the best reosrt you've stayed at in Aruba- which others have you been to? Have you ever been to the Tam/Divi?

    We've stayed at the Holiday Inn and the Occidental. I've often considered the Tam/Divi, but haven't yet stayed there. If so, I probably would choose the Divi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO