Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Manchebo

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    andy...i am guessing 2011 or thereabouts.
    Yes, it was 4 or 5 years ago. We've stayed there before and after the renovation. The reno. made a big improvement, especially in the bathrooms. They took out the tubs and put in wonderful rain showers, new tile and vanities. They were already starting to upgrade the furniture on our first visit, in 2010. They also charged a hefty price increase once the renovations were completed. In the past few years they renovated the outdoor restaurant and added a nice bar in that area. They also spruced up the beach bar recently.

Manchebo looks absolutely lovely! On my beach walks, I have visited and would love to stay there some day!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by susan.b View Post
    Manchebo looks absolutely lovely! On my beach walks, I have visited and would love to stay there some day!

You should! It is so peaceful and quiet.

We have been going to Aruba every year since 2003 and the only place we've stayed is Manchebo (except in 2015 when we went twice and stayed part of one trip at the Hyatt). As you can imagine we love it! Most of the employees that work there have been there since before we were going, that tells you something. They've become like family to us. We even get the same room and have the same housekeeper. We started going before the renovations and they did a wonderful job renovating. As another poster mentioned, the bathrooms have been totally redone. The rain shower is so cool! The rooms do have a microwave and refrigerator so we always shop for breakfast and lunch items and eat dinner out. It's a small resort (72 rooms) so you can easily run back to the room for snacks! Every year we go back there have been some improvements made...they are always making things better! They have a pavillion where events can happen and they have yoga there in the mornings. A couple of years ago they redid it and added some nice comfy chairs and couches where you can chill out if you want to get off the beach for a bit. Last year between when we were there in March and back in November they redid the bar area. If you are a pool person I will say the pool is pretty basic. But hardly anyone uses it there because the beach is so awesome there! It really is the best beach on the island IMO. And you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a spot on the beach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12