Aruba Beach

Thread: Manchebo/Bucuti or both

Manchebo/Bucuti or both

The flight is Booked! Woohoo! now where to stay?! For our October Honeymoon I've narrowed it down to the Bucuti and Manchebo, but am considering doing both.

Would people think it's a bad idea to arrive at the Manchebo, do the all-inclusive thing for 5 nights just to relax after a stressful wedding. (OK OK, stressfull for her, all I do is rent a Tux and try no to let my round of golf go to long that morning). We would then move over to the Bucuti for the last 5 nights, rent a car and see the world?

Or would we be better off to just book at Bucuti and stay put?

Thank you for helping out, yet again, a confused and scared Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmooners View Post
    Or would we be better off to just book at Bucuti and stay put?
    1. Book the Bucuti and do not go all inclusive. Enjoy the restaurants that the island has to offer. Do your research and you will not see anyone "raving" about the food at the Manchebo
    2. Comparing Manchebo to the Bucuti, with the exception of being next to one another thus on the same beach, is like comparing apples and oranges
    3. You are only getting married once , do it the right way to make your future wife happy , she will love you even more for it
    4. Who is going to pack all your belongings to move to the Manchebo and then unpack them again when you arrive at the Bucuti if you switch resorts after 5 nights? <<-- if you are trying relieve her stress, and you are not the one intending to do the packing, then the answer is obvious-- pick one resort!
    FWIW, from someone who has been married for going on 12 years, I will not allow my dh to touch my packing or unpacking. I would end up with a mess. Another poster here will tell you that she ended up with no clothes when her dh was put in charge!

I agree that stay in one place- unpacking, packing then unpacking is way too much when on vacation.

We went to Aruba for thefirst time last Sept-- was unsure on AI or not. We listened to the people on BB who said try out the various places around the island..-->best piece of advice we ever got.

So many places to chose from too.

Aruba since 1979
    i will add

manchebo and bucuti both have the best stretch of beach in aruba.

the manchebo rooms and the bucuti rooms cannot be compared.

bucuti is luxurious
    manchebo rooms are just ok, not great.
    if it were me, i would advise sticking with just the bucuti

once settled into a place it is a nusiance to have to move.

andrea

Can I hire you guys as planners? or Guides? Thank you all for your help again.

Aruba since 1979
    pick me pick me
    i will even spring for the car rental and drive you around
    BUT
    i need my own room it would not be cool to be bunking in with the honeymooners

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmooners View Post
    Can I hire you guys as planners? or Guides? Thank you all for your help again.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    pick me pick me
    i will even spring for the car rental and drive you around
    BUT
    i need my own room it would not be cool to be bunking in with the honeymooners
    Hee hee! Too funny... We make it a point if we meet "newbies" on the island and we are doing our usual one day of driving around to offer to show them the sights.