Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Manchebo vs Bucuti

My Mother's doctor stays at Buccuti and he said that he would not stay anywhere else. I got to visit the Pega Pega bar at Manchebo and it was very nice and quiet, friendly staff. I believe I read at the website a while back that breakfast was included at Buccuti and they had renovated all the rooms.

Just went to their site. Free breakfast and wifi is included at Buccuti

Breakfast is included and the rooms are lovely.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I'm starting to get excited about it and we won't be going until November! When we did the walk through we also stopped at Elements for lunch and thought it was quite good. The only thing I thought odd was how the pool is right up against the restaurant. The staff were super friendly as they are at most resorts. I'll miss Druif Beach but it seems that this beach will be quite similar. Planning to book a Tara Suite for the water view.

That was where we stayed, Tara Suites and ground floor. The breakfast was served in both Elements and the other dinning room. Elements was better.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I never stayed at neither one but I would definitely vote for Bucuti.

Just recently Bucuti was named the #1 Hotel in Aruba. But what I love the most: the owner and manager, Ewald Biemans, has a huge heart for animals, he was always kind to Aruban dogs and cats and just recently donated a large amount of money to support the spay/neuter program for Aruba's cunucu dogs. And much more!

http://www.bucuti.com/eco-friendly/get-involved

CK, I had seen that article as well. Very generous of them!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    CK, I had seen that article as well. Very generous of them!
    Yes, it is, Peg! I could just give Mr. Ewald Biemans a HUGE hug for being so nice and so caring!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I love Manchebo. We went over for happy hour a few days ago. I commented that one of the things that I like about it is that it has a Carribbean vibe. We've stayed there for short stays 4 times, and love the staff and the relaxing atmosphere. However, I would love to stay at Bucuti. That is definitely on my bucket list. We went over there to their vendors craft show. I've never seen anything but the lobby, but I've never heard anything but glowing remarks about it.

We've been staying at Manchebo annually since 2004. Even though they do allow kids, we have hardly been there when there are families with kids. It's just not a kid friendly place. The beach is the best but the pool is basic, so if I had kids I probably would go where there is a more "fun" pool. Manchebo only has 72 rooms so no getting up at 4am to get a hut on the beach. No matter what time you go out there you can find something. I prefer the huts at Manchebo to the white umbrellas at Bucuti. Some friends of our stay at Bucuti and they don't like that they changed to the white umbrellas. They said the sun reflects off of them too much. We've come to know the staff and management at Manchebo and most of them have been working there the 13 years we've been going! That says something about the place. Even our housekeeper is the same! We get the same room each year. That being said Bucuti is a beautiful place and would probably be my second choice. They are more expensive so for us we can stay longer at Manchebo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast