Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marriot or Radisson

FWIW, it doesn't change circumstances, but the Radisson will have a new General Manager at the beginning of October. Speaking from experience, I can say that the new manager, Rob Smith is a "hands on" manager and readily interacts with guests, especially if there is a problem. Doesn't help Sgroi135 but hopefully there will better things to come in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    FWIW, it doesn't change circumstances, but the Radisson will have a new General Manager at the beginning of October. Speaking from experience, I can say that the new manager, Rob Smith is a "hands on" manager and readily interacts with guests, especially if there is a problem. Doesn't help Sgroi135 but hopefully there will better things to come in the future.

I am more upset with the way that the management handled the situation. They changed their story in the end, blaming it on pop-ups and Legal Action.

I hope that you are right with the new manager at the Radisson.

The hotel was great, but I don't know if I could ever go back there.

Also that the Radisson Computers were hacked a few months ago. And they had problems with US and Canada Hotels. That is not really a fault of the Radisson per se. But it just stinks that it happened.
    Decided to take down my timer!

I assure you the new GM is a stand up guy. For a number of years he ran the then Wyndham and the Westin, also overseeing it's renovation.

As to the reference regarding the Radisson security breach, there is further info at http://www.radisson.com/openletter/

Marriot is better, I think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123