Aruba Beach

Thread: Marriott ocean club

Marriott ocean club

Hi everyone First i have to say thanks to everyone who anwsered my previous questions this site is a wealth of info and good people in my exp. so far. Ok the question I am a marriott platnum premier member and i do have to say they treat me pretty well. I reserved a room at the end of june for 7 days its just an oceanview room not oceanfront. I called the oceanclub to ask if i might be able to be upgraded since thats what happens automatticly when i get to a hotel. The man very nicely put it that we are not a marriott hotel and you do not get the perks of being plat member? Which is ok because i am going on points but why do they say marriot ocean club? he also said if there is a room available when you get here we will upgrade you anyone know what the chances are? There are 4 of us going. think there is a chance of getting a 2 bed instead of a 1 or being upgraded to a oceanfront

Hi:

We are plat. members also and last year we used the points at the surf club. While we got a two bedroom suite, it was located right in the front of the building overlooking the ocean club and the parking lot. If you twisted your neck, and hung over the balcony you could see a tip of the ocean. I really hated that. This yr we are staying at the ocean club and were also informed that they would not be able to help us with the room location until we got there. Not status upgrade for plat members. only in the hotel. Also, has anyone heard about construction at the ocean club. please advise me. thanks, Cat

Sorry to tell you but for the room assignment your picking order is very low even with the Platinum membership...

Villas are assigned on the day of arrival and are based on the check-out pattern for each particular day and are prioritized in the following order:

-Owners in their owner week
    -Home owners exchanging into their home resort
    -Any other reservations which includes Marriott Owners, Exchangers, Preview Guests, Rentals, Non-Marriott owners.

As you see you will be assigned after all the other Marriott owners. (That's about 95% of the guests...)

So forget about the oceanfront villa, as for the oceanview villa yours probably won't have one...

It's called a Marriott resort only because timeshares were sold and because it is still managed by Marriott.
    You're probably getting a TS that Marriott recovered under their owners rental program...

If you want a 2 bdrm unit then you need to request one and then use the appropriate marriott points for a 2 bdrm. One bdrm is less points so they won't upgrade you. Ocean Club is not undergoing any renovations as far as I know.

IMO, ocean view or as they call it ocean front, is nice if you spend a lot of time in your room during the day (which we do not) as at night when you look out all you see is darkness. Pool view is nice as you can see the pool with the lights etc. Even looking out towards the island is nice, parking lot ....not so much!

Don't worry about your room, you will enjoy it no matter what!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Hi:

I was just looking to upgrade to an oceanview, pool view because I will have my somehwat disabled sister-in-law with me and some days it is difficult for her to get to the pool area and she enjoys sitting outside on the balcony and overlooking the activities. Doesn't sound like I have a shot at getting this perk since we are using our plat points for a two bedroom suite. Are there certain rooms that cater to the disabled more than others?

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by cikota View Post
    Hi:

I was just looking to upgrade to an oceanview, pool view because I will have my somehwat disabled sister-in-law with me and some days it is difficult for her to get to the pool area and she enjoys sitting outside on the balcony and overlooking the activities. Doesn't sound like I have a shot at getting this perk since we are using our plat points for a two bedroom suite. Are there certain rooms that cater to the disabled more than others?

Cat
    I would contact guest services and/or the manager and explain the situation and hopefully they may be able to help you out.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi

Thanks so much for that suggestion. I don't know why I didn't think of it. DUH!!!
    I will try that and let you know if they were able to help us.

Have sa great time when you go.
    Thanks,

Cat