Aruba Beach

Thread: Marriott Ocean Club

Marriott Ocean Club

Am considering this 1 bedroom, now that our 18 old daughter has decided to join us, can someone give me some info about this location. I have stayed at the Radisson before. How is the beach here, can you order food by the pool, ( is that a pool bar I see? ) I am unsure about this 1 Bedroom vs. a delux room at the Aruba Stelliars, besides a better price? any Opionion ? Am looking for everyones space, privacy this is why looking into the 1 bedroom.I know the Stelliars just completed a renovation, looks beautiful.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    The Stellaris is beautiful. The renovation really improved it a lot. But, it's still a hotel room, compared to a one bedroom condo a the Ocean Club with kitchen, living and dining area, and a separate bedroom. You'll have a lot more privacy / personal space in the Ocean Club, as well as the ability to make breakfasts, lunches, etc. in the kitchen. You can get food at the pool in both places at swim up bars. You won't lack for services at either place, and they are a two minute walk from each other.

The beach is nice but crowded at both places. You can reserve a palapa for the day. The pools are great as well. Both are on a bus line, if that matters, and taxis are always available at both.

We stay at the Surf Club, and wander over to the Ocean Club and the Stellaris a lot. The properties are all connected to each other by a brick path.

You won't go wrong at either, but we love the extra room and convenience of the one-bedroom. Enjoy!
    Last edited by jpsphr; 06-21-2009 at 10:48 PM.

thanks , seems like 1 bedroom would be better, I didn't think you could use each others properties, I heard people at the ocean club could't use the pool at the stelliars , is that true , not that you need to, the pool at the Ocean club seems really nice, do you know if they're only weekly rentals, I need a Thursday to the following Friday 8 nights ? Will give them a call tomorrow and find out rates. Thanks again for all your help

As of last week - they had restricted the use of everyone using everyones pools.. evidentally the Surf Club pool/lazy river was getting over crowded so we were only able to use our own pool. Other than that - all 3 facilities are open to each other. We ate alot at the Stellaris since the onsite restaurant at the Surf Club was being renovated.

I traveled with my teenager and I changed from a regular room to a 1 bedroom and am so glad I did - he had the living area to relax and I had the bedroom. Having the kitchen area - though we never cooked a full meal - is very handy. It was definitely worth the extra cost. Make one trip to Ling & Sons and stock up for the week!

The Ocean Club will start renovating as well very soon!
    From July 09 to November 11, 2009
    After that, the OC will be even newer then the Stellaris...

The beach is a lot nicer at the OC and less crowded.
    Less children as well.

There is a pool bar indeed.
    The restaurant is called the Pavilion Beach Bar & Grill
    Open daily from 11am to 6pm
    Daily Happy hour from 4pm to 5pm
    Live Band playing on Sunday, Monday until 6pm
    Here's the menu...
    http://www.arubaoceanclub.com/Images...ilion_menu.doc

You can wonder freely between all 3 properties & restaurants or boutiques but to each his own pool.
    (NO sharing whatsoever)

If you stay at the Ocean Club you can use the pool at the hotel. You cannot use the Surf Club pool they will ask you to leave.

Surf Club cannot use Ocean Club's pool but can use the hotel's.

Hi Kenny,

OC no longer share the hotel pool.
    When was the last time you did?