Aruba Beach

Thread: Marriott Ocean Club Renovations

Marriott Ocean Club Renovations

Has anyone stayed at the Ocean Club since they started renovations last month, and if so, how was it?

I'm wondering that also. Did you also see that the Marriott Hotel is renovationg their pool so the hotel guest will be using the Marriott Ocean Club pool?

yeah, that's making me nervous because we have friends joining us, and I have bragged about this place!!!!

They have closed the pool at the Marriott hotel and have given all the of them access to the Ocean club ONLY... what a royal screw over to the people at the Ocean club. You will need to get out there and save you a spot by the pool by 7-8 if you want anywhere decent.

Remember, you can order beach huts in advance so do it.

The renovations are starting at the top (6 floors) and working their way down. They're finished with the 6th level and as of this week, they're on 5.

I'd request the 6 floor if you want a new room and at least 1 extra floor below the renovations... meaning if they're on 5 ask for 3 or below.

They're also doing work in the lobby, but I don't know how long it's going to last.

Quote Originally Posted by mjm1204 View Post
    They have closed the pool at the Marriott hotel and have given all the of them access to the Ocean club ONLY... what a royal screw over to the people at the Ocean club...
    Thanks for the update.

Still about the pool it is just an exchange of pool usage.
    Some may not be aware but last year when it was the OC pool that was closed for renovation it was the other way around for a month as well....

I just checked into a renovated 2 BR on the 4th floor today. Most work is complete on this floor and they expect to finish by weeks end. Quite honestly, I think the pool is underutilized even with the hotel guests and the beach is sparse. Keep in mind, it's my 1st visit here and am not sure what typical usages are.