Aruba Beach

Thread: Marriott Stellaris Renovation

Marriott Stellaris Renovation

Hey everyone. I just found this forum and it's already been very helpful!

I've got a couple of quick questions if anyone can help. I just booked an award travel package to Aruba for 4/10-4/17. I currently have both the Rennaissance and the Marriott Stellaris on hold. The reason I put them both on hold is because the Stellaris had a Renovation alert. It's apparently been under renovation for some time and had caused some travelers some problems during the first phase of construction as I read on TripAdvisor. I just wanted to see if anyone has stayed there very recently or is currently staying there. What kind of problems is it causing if any now? I believe they are doing the North Tower right now and the lobby bar. Any thoughts?? I've already purchased the travel package so regardless of which hotel I stay at it's going to be the same cost now. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help. First time going. Bday present for her....

I would be interested in knowing this info as well. My husband and I are staying at the Marriott in September. It's our first trip to Aruba too.
    Can't wait for September 2008 - Our first trip to Aruba!

We just got back from a week's stay at the Marriott Stellaris and construction was very minimal. They were building a lobby bar, but it had no impact whatsoever on our stay. We were also there late last July when hotel was under a major renovation, and the most we heard was some jack hammering, but it was not relentless. We usually spend a majority of our time on the beach, and there was very little or no sound from the construction there. When we were at the pool, it was became somewhat like background noise, and it didn't bother us at all. Also, this visit, we got to stay in the tower that was under renovation last summer, and the rooms are gorgeous. Believe me, I'm a noise phobic, and even under the major construction blitz last summer, I did not have any issues with it.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    We just got back from a week's stay at the Marriott Stellaris and construction was very minimal. They were building a lobby bar, but it had no impact whatsoever on our stay. We were also there late last July when hotel was under a major renovation, and the most we heard was some jack hammering, but it was not relentless. We usually spend a majority of our time on the beach, and there was very little or no sound from the construction there. When we were at the pool, it was became somewhat like background noise, and it didn't bother us at all. Also, this visit, we got to stay in the tower that was under renovation last summer, and the rooms are gorgeous. Believe me, I'm a noise phobic, and even under the major construction blitz last summer, I did not have any issues with it.
    Thanks for the update! I'm thinking/hoping by September that the construction will be done or at least close to it. Although we plan to spend most of our time at the beach so I doubt the noise will bother us much either.
    Can't wait for September 2008 - Our first trip to Aruba!

kat
    I am also looking into it for May 9-15, so would be curious to hear recent news. OK1234, how'd it go??