Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Marriott Stellaris - Tradewinds Club Do's and Don'ts

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl

Marriott Stellaris - Tradewinds Club Do's and Don'ts

Hi
    Returning for our annual trip to Aruba at the Marriott Stellaris, only this year, our youngest turned 18 so we were offered stay in their Tradewinds Club. I had a routine normally...understanding how palapas worked (staying at this property for years), but I think I understand palapas are managed differently if you are registered with Tradewinds. If that is so, how does it work? Is there a way I can reserve? What's the process and any "inside info" from anyone experienced with Tradewinds experience would be APPRECIATED...that also extends to how we make the most out of what's offered through Tradewinds. I hate taking days to figure things out...prefer to have my plan set it in motion when I step on property for the limited time we're in Heaven

Thanks in advance to anyone who can share some guidance on the Tradewinds Do's and Dont's! Bon Bini!!

Interesting. I've never heard of this. Here is some information on their website: http://www.tradewinds.arubamarriott....ies%202016.pdf

Sounds like there is an area of beach that is sectioned off for adults only.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    Since Marriott does not own the beach in front of their resort, I wonder how that can be enforced?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Since Marriott does not own the beach in front of their resort, I wonder how that can be enforced?
    Most people inherently aren't rule breakers, so if its posted adults only, maybe they get away with people just not knowing any better. Could it also be that the location of the chairs are far enough from the water line that it is hotel property?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Most people inherently aren't rule breakers, so if its posted adults only, maybe they get away with people just not knowing any better. Could it also be that the location of the chairs are far enough from the water line that it is hotel property?
    Having stayed at Marriott Stellaris many times, but never used Tradewinds, as my son was not 18 until now....I know the Tradewinds "Club" means you have adult only (top) floor rooms, along with a lounge requiring key card access to breakfast/lunch buffet. My question was more about the area of the palapas reserved for Tradewinds. They are on the farthest left if you are facing hotel from water, somewhat set back. I typically reserve as close to waterfront as possible through normal process. I'm wondering if the process of reserving palapas is different for Tradewinds section (or if reservations are required). I'm also asking anyone who stayed, what their best practices where to get palapa and make most efficient use of lounge. I don't want to be inside, ever...and I'm told you can't take food or drink with you to your palapa. We typically reserve palapa water front...and order from Waves restaurant with the runners on the beach...sunrise to sun set in the sand. If I have to go in and sit...and then sit in palapas set far back....I'm just going to abort the Tradewinds features....and do what works running tab to the room. Anyone loving Tradewinds features and know how they work best??

ETA: Tradewinds food (as I understand) is to be enjoyed in the lounge, inside the building
    Last edited by Jacki; 05-12-2017 at 09:55 AM.

I have never stayed at the Marriott but I find it hard to believe they don't allow you to drink on the beach, I actually thought they had beach service??? I am almost 99.9% sure they have beach service as my friends stayed there last year when we had our vow renewal- I hope someone can clear that up for you.

OMG please don't start that rumor...you can have the most outrageous drinks on Marriott's beach, brought to you by the best staff. I was referring to the Tradewinds lounge policy (which is indoors)...you are simply discouraged from bringing drinks from the lounge (indoors) to the beach...probably because there is glassware.

Aruba since 1979
    . Could you edit your post #5 ? The part where you write.... cannot take food or drink to the beach.
    Pleas add a caveat that the food or drink from trade winds is not to go onto the beach.

I think aruba4ever was not starting a rumor, just commenting on what you wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabooty View Post
    OMG please don't start that rumor...you can have the most outrageous drinks on Marriott's beach, brought to you by the best staff. I was referring to the Tradewinds lounge policy (which is indoors)...you are simply discouraged from bringing drinks from the lounge (indoors) to the beach...probably because there is glassware.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    . Could you edit your post #5 ? The part where you write.... cannot take food or drink to the beach.
    Pleas add a caveat that the food or drink from trade winds is not to go onto the beach.

I think aruba4ever was not starting a rumor, just commenting on what you wrote.
    I tried but the changes would not save...so I'll simply apologize to aruba4ever for joking about "starting a rumor". I made the point that Tradewinds food (as I understand) is to be enjoyed in the lounge, inside the building in same post (#7) and really was joking I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with using Tradewinds Club features at the Stellaris and wanted to share experiences.

Aruba since 1979
    Thx Jacki and jatooby for the editing.

Quote Originally Posted by jabooty View Post
    Having stayed at Marriott Stellaris many times, but never used Tradewinds, as my son was not 18 until now....I know the Tradewinds "Club" means you have adult only (top) floor rooms, along with a lounge requiring key card access to breakfast/lunch buffet. My question was more about the area of the palapas reserved for Tradewinds. They are on the farthest left if you are facing hotel from water, somewhat set back. I typically reserve as close to waterfront as possible through normal process. I'm wondering if the process of reserving palapas is different for Tradewinds section (or if reservations are required). I'm also asking anyone who stayed, what their best practices where to get palapa and make most efficient use of lounge. I don't want to be inside, ever...and I'm told you can't take food or drink with you to your palapa. We typically reserve palapa water front...and order from Waves restaurant with the runners on the beach...sunrise to sun set in the sand. If I have to go in and sit...and then sit in palapas set far back....I'm just going to abort the Tradewinds features....and do what works running tab to the room. Anyone loving Tradewinds features and know how they work best??

ETA: Tradewinds food (as I understand) is to be enjoyed in the lounge, inside the building

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast