Aruba Beach

Thread: Marriott Surf Club Question

Marriott Surf Club Question

Hi,
    For our first trip to Aruba 2 years ago my husband and I stayed at the Marriott Ocean Club and liked it. On that trip we were given a tour of the Surf Club and liked the looks of that even more. We are now going back to Aruba Oct 9-16 and will be staying at the Surf Club this time. We have a 1 bedroom room and am wondering if anyone knows if we should request a certain floor and/or tower that is newer/better. I have requested an ocean view room. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jaime

Marriott Surf Club Question

Hi,
    For our first trip to Aruba 2 years ago my husband and I stayed at the Marriott Ocean Club and liked it. On that trip we were given a tour of the Surf Club and liked the looks of that even more. We are now going back to Aruba Oct 9-16 and will be staying at the Surf Club this time. We have a 1 bedroom room and am wondering if anyone knows if we should request a certain floor and/or tower that is newer/better. I have requested an ocean view room. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jaime

Did you rent it from a timeshare owner????

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Hi - I'm an owner at the Surf Club. My favoirte building is the Lighthouse. If you were to look at the resort from the Beach, it is the first building on the left (closest to the Ocean Club). This is the only building which has a view called "Oceanside". This means it has unobstructed views of the ocean from the sides...so if you get a poolside room you overlook the pool AND look directly out at the ocean from the balconies and bedrooms. The Lighthouse Building was the first built in the complex, so it is not the newest, but it does have best location and views...so it's still my favorite one.

So my recommendation is the following: Request Lighthouse Building, Oceanside View, poolside, upper floor (floor 6 or higher offer best views of ocean).

Note: There is also an Oceanview in the Lighthouse..but these are the rooms in front that face the beach..they are premium rooms and very hard to get an upgrade to them..but you can always try.

FYI - My husand and I will also be in Aruba from Oct 11-18th....so we hope to see you at the Pool Bar!

-Christine

No, we did an exchange. We own in Orlando, Florida.

We are owners at the Surf and we prefer the pool side ,both sides of the building are ocean view.Ask for an odd number room.We stay at the lighthouse tower building which is the closest to the beach.ENJOY

just back from surf club. we had a studio room #8810. it had the most amazing view! full sunset! we were centered over the pool and the ocean. beautiful!

Villas are assigned on the day of arrival and are based on the check-out pattern for each particular day and are prioritized in the following order:
    -Owners in their owner week
    -Home owners exchanging into their home resort
    -Any other reservations which includes Marriott Owners, Exchangers, Preview Guests, Rentals, Non-Marriott owners.

You can always request your preferences but as you see you're very far in the picking order, still good luck!