Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mill Resort First Time

The Mill Resort First Time

Wife and I recently retired will be at the Mill in March. This is our first Aruba vacation. Have booked a junior suite. Would appreciate any advice and information regarding this resort and the area. Are all the junior suites the same or is there an area that has been retrofitted or with better views? I realize it is a five minute walk to the beach and main road, is there any concern about walking back to the resort at night?
    Thank you in advance for your support.
    Rich from Cape Cod

Aruba since 1979
    there is no real concern about walking back to the resort at night

there are speed humps in the road near the mill so cars should not be speeding by

per usual precatuions. it is always prudent, no matter where you are to be careful walking at night.

i have not been in the mill resort suites in years.

enjoy your vacation
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
    Wife and I recently retired will be at the Mill in March. This is our first Aruba vacation. Have booked a junior suite. Would appreciate any advice and information regarding this resort and the area. Are all the junior suites the same or is there an area that has been retrofitted or with better views? I realize it is a five minute walk to the beach and main road, is there any concern about walking back to the resort at night?
    Thank you in advance for your support.
    Rich from Cape Cod

There isn't much of a view to be had at the Mill. You get the parking lot, the run down windmill or the back of the RIU. We had no problems walking to and from the beach or for dinner over the summer.

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental

Talking

What's great about the Mill is it has a great pool, its within walking distance of the beach and shops, and best part of all gets you on the island at a reasonable price!! Enjoy!

I actually like staying at the Mill. The MC there, Randall, is a great guy. He really makes the vacation enjoyable! We've never had any problems with the place. I enjoy the pools there because they are blocked off by all the winds by the buildings. They have done some renovations in the last couple years and its turning around quite a bit. There is a shuttle that can drive you to the beach if you dont feel like walking. Any questions please let me know.

One more thing... The happy hour there on Fridays are a great time! They usually have a band come in. Lots of people from the island hit up the happy hour Friday. Its a good fun time! Have Enrique make you a drink!

Quote Originally Posted by DushiHeidi View Post
    Lots of people from the island hit up the happy hour Friday.
    According to Trip report : Mill Resort, the happy hour has been discontinued.

I would be very suprised if the happy hour on Fridays is discontinued. That is the big day for everyone to gather there. If the other ones were then I wouldnt be just not Fridays.

Thank you all for your answers. I hope the happy hour is on at least for Fridays. We have a jr suite with balcony and want (we think) a second floor room or third if there is one. Any advice on a specific location request? Pool or outside view? Thanks
    Rich from Cape Cod.

Pool view for sure!! There is only two floors to the hotel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast