Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mill Resort & Suites

The Mill Resort & Suites

Hey guys, I was on here a couple weeks ago asking about the Reniassance and after thinking I am not sure if we will be afford that or not. I was searching and I found The Mill Resort & Suites and I was just wondering if anyone else has stayed here or knows anything about it. Here are a few questions I have.

1.) Is it around good nightlife (bars, nightclubs) or restaurants?

2.) We probably will not be renting a car so we will still be around shopping?

3.) Would it be a good place to stay for a couple in their twenties on their honeymoon?

Thanks for all your info.
    Trip to Nashville to see Kenny Chesney

Steven and Danielle

Also If anyone else has any suggestions for hotels please let me know. thanks.

Steven and Danielle

I've stayed at the Mill before. I can honestly tell you I like the Mill resort. It's small and cosy. They have some nice activities. The people who work there are friendly, know the island and will let you feel at home.

1. It isn't near (walking distance) to any bars or nightclubs, but you can take a cab to go downtown (aprox. 6 min drive)
    It is close to some nice restaurant's though. If you walk about 3 minutes you will find the Arawak garden. There are different restaurants there.

2. You can either walk to the Paseo Herencia, its a new shopping mall situated in front of the Holiday Inn resort. (aprox. 10 min walk) Or you could take a cab to go downtown (aprox. 6 min drive)

3. I believe that you would have a good time at the mill. They do have honeymoon specials. I know they have 3 different rooms (ask for the one with the jacuzzi ! )

A great alternative for the Mill is the Bucuti beach resort. This is the only 18 years and up resort on the island. There's no noise allowed. It's a really romantic resort.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    The Mill is cute, cozy, but near a heck of alot of things. Check out other options..Bucuti Beach for one. If you want to be near any action, shops etc. check out other places. We own at the Renaissance, and love its locality to shops, restaurants,bars, but we especially love the resort itself and all the people that work there. You could think of renting a timeshare, don't know the week you are lookng for, check out this site for any rentals.
    Its your honeymoon, and you want to make it a memorable time, choose carefully, and don't make it alot of work getting around the island if you choose to do so...

When you say that you're not sure about the Renaissance because of the cost involved were you talking about renting a timeshare or directly via Marriott?
    Because if you didn't look at renting via an owner your missing great savings!
    Just like cindyo said look for TS rental...

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Not recomended

We stayed our first night on Aruba at the Mills last year. I was so disappointed. It might be good enough (for the money), but I immediately started regretting going to Aruba. The rooms were not cleaned well, some fixtures in the kitchen wasn't working, the car rental service felt like a scam (much higher prices that others) and we didn't see the famous Aruban hospitality in the staff there. The next day we switched to Manchebo.
    What a difference. The disappointing start at our first Aruba vacation turned into the holiday of our life.
    We can highly recommend Manchebo (and Aruba in general), and are going back now this month.
    We might just have been unlucky with the room, the staffs mood etc, but this is our experience. (P.S. the breakfast at the Mills was extremely good)

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    When you say that you're not sure about the Renaissance because of the cost involved were you talking about renting a timeshare or directly via Marriott?
    Because if you didn't look at renting via an owner your missing great savings!
    Just like cindyo said look for TS rental...

I have not looked at renting the timeshare. I was talking about going directly through Marriott or Orbitz, expedia, etc.. I will look for timeshare renting thanks!

Steven and Danielle

You should be able to get a high season week between $900-$1700/week
    (Oceanfront units will be the more expensive ones, they are usually only available from owners not Marriott...)
    Low season weeks should be even less...

Here's a link to a video from my OF unit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URXKekIdleY

What week or dates are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by TennCouple View Post
    I was talking about going directly through Marriott or Orbitz, expedia, etc..
    For a travel agent specializing in Aruba check out MCM Tours We have used them for over 8 years. Great prices and service, they sell only travel to Aruba and know their stuff. They are a preferred partner of the Aruba Tourism Authority. Telephone them for the best prices. http://www.aruba.com/reservations/preferredpartners.php
    For timeshare rentals, a very good website is http://www.redweek.com

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    You should be able to get a high season week between $900-$1700/week
    (Oceanfront units will be the more expensive ones, they are usually only available from owners not Marriott...)
    Low season weeks should be even less...

Here's a link to a video from my OF unit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URXKekIdleY

What week or dates are you looking for?

We are looking the week of Jun 21-28th. I think that is week 25.

Steven and Danielle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast