Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Mill Resort - supermarkets, any tips

The Mill Resort - supermarkets, any tips

Hi

Are there any supermarkets near the mill resort?

Also any tips for our family of four? Tips could be beach related, etc?

Aruba since 1979
    the closest supermarket would be superfoods
    go to the SHOPPING category and read up on Superfoods

does "the mill" still have a policy/agreement with the westin resort allowing mill guests to use the westin's lounges and palapas?

Quote Originally Posted by mjl60621 View Post
    Hi

Are there any supermarkets near the mill resort?

Also any tips for our family of four? Tips could be beach related, etc?

Thanks for letting me know its superfoods.

Yes there is some kind of agreement between the westin and mill. I read on trip advisor that there is a spot on the beach just for mill guests (bet its all seaweed) LOL. I also read that the mill has a person on the beach who sets up lounges for ya. Don't know about the palpas.

If the beach there is not ideal, we plan to grab a cab and go to the spot between the divi and tam.

Aruba since 1979
    the beach between the divi and the tamarijn is Druif Beach.If you go to that beach, the shade huts/palapas and the lounges are for Divi /Tamarijn/Golf/Dutch/Village guests.

You may want to consider too Moombas Beach...up Palm Beach in between Holiday Inn and Marriott , and renting chairs/lounges.

Baby Beach rents chairs and now shade palapas too.

Thanks for letting me know its superfoods.

Yes there is some kind of agreement between the westin and mill. I read on trip advisor that there is a spot on the beach just for mill guests (bet its all seaweed) LOL. I also read that the mill has a person on the beach who sets up lounges for ya. Don't know about the palpas.

If the beach there is not ideal, we plan to grab a cab and go to the spot between the divi and tam.

Awesome tip Andrea! Thank you, gotta have a nice beach setup with some shade!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the closest supermarket would be superfoods
    go to the SHOPPING category and read up on Superfoods

does "the mill" still have a policy/agreement with the westin resort allowing mill guests to use the westin's lounges and palapas?
    There is a little shack at the edge of the Westin property that has a sign on it for The Mill. Not sure if you get chairs there or not.

There is someone there from The Mill with lounge chairs for The Mill's guests. A couple nice divi trees to sit under and a lean to type of building with an overhang and bench and if I remember right a couple palapas,
    the beach there is fine never had an isue with seaweed. . We have stayed at The Mill 5 times because we like a small resort the pool is always sparkling and never crowded you can always get a chair.

Aruba since 1979
    my husband reminded me that the mill has a good happy hr!

Quote Originally Posted by rapp110 View Post
    There is someone there from The Mill with lounge chairs for The Mill's guests. A couple nice divi trees to sit under and a lean to type of building with an overhang and bench and if I remember right a couple palapas,
    the beach there is fine never had an isue with seaweed. . We have stayed at The Mill 5 times because we like a small resort the pool is always sparkling and never crowded you can always get a chair.

Awesome everyone! Thanks for the advice, and info!

I am glad the beach there is nice and ya gotta love happy hour!

I looked up all food menus and even found a pic of scott bratts mini menu. Their place is a short walk, mile or so for a nice brat.

Bully can't pick us up so we will just grab a cab. He was very polite, we r gonna skip the rental and taxi around.

Also, think we will prebook jolly pirates, u get a 12% discount if u do that, we r about a mile from them so we can walk up.

I love restaurantsaruba.com. you can key in hotel and get distance to restaurants. I keyed in bloosms located @ westin to holiday inn to estimate distance, also good food coupons and ostrich farm discounts!
    Last edited by mjl60621; 03-20-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    scotts brats, not quite a half mile (guesstimate)

enjoy
    Awesome everyone! Thanks for the advice, and info!

I am glad the beach there is nice and ya gotta love happy hour!

I looked up all food menus and even found a pic of scott bratts mini menu. Their place is a short walk, mile or so for a nice brat.

Bully can't pick us up so we will just grab a cab. He was very polite, we r gonna skip the rental and taxi around.

Also, think we will prebook jolly pirates, u get a 12% discount if u do that, we r about a mile from them so we can walk up.

I love restaurantsaruba.com. you can key in hotel and get distance to restaurants. I keyed in bloosms located @ westin to holiday inn to estimate distance, also good food coupons and ostrich farm discounts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast