Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MVC Eagle Beach - Beach Question - Need advice

MVC Eagle Beach - Beach Question - Need advice

Hi Everyone,

I just received a great price from MVC Eagle Beach for 12/20 to 1/04, for myself, wife, two kids, ages 12 and 8, about $4K with all fees and breakfast! (quad room). I understand the hotel and pool are small and the amenities are few. We are beach people.

I understand that the beach is less than a minute away, unobstructed and directly across the street.

How is the beach there? Is it full of leaves or other items? Is it super crowed? Are there huts? Amy stated a few years back that you have to carry your own chairs?

We are thinking of MVC which would allow us the funds to eat out all over the island, or the Tamarijn or Divi. The latter resorts we love the beach and that is our top priority.
    Any advice would be helpful

Thanks,
    Mike

Aruba since 1979
    the beach is very close………cross the street and you are on it!

the beach in that area is NOT crowded at all. 90% of beach goers in that section are Aruba residents.

last time i noticed there were only a few huts and they looked to be rather "worn".
    we'll go by there next week and i will take a look at the huts .
    it is a lovely stretch of beach………magnificent actually.

a quad room is going to be very tight…..very very tight.

are you considering divi or tamarijn instead? you may get more bang for your buck there. kids eat free. and there would be lots of kids for your kids to enjoy.

you also may want to consider Manchebo which is directly on the beach, but has much nicer facilities than MVC.

IMO (and it is only my opinion) that MVC is good for just a few nights as the rooms are small and very basic resort to say the least.
    the benefits of MVC are: Tulip Restaurant and the beach across the street.
    the drawbacks are: resort amenities, and small rooms.

good luck and i will post back this weekend or next week when i go past it.

unless someone can post about the huts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lipchock View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I just received a great price from MVC Eagle Beach for 12/20 to 1/04, for myself, wife, two kids, ages 12 and 8, about $4K with all fees and breakfast! (quad room). I understand the hotel and pool are small and the amenities are few. We are beach people.

I understand that the beach is less than a minute away, unobstructed and directly across the street.

How is the beach there? Is it full of leaves or other items? Is it super crowed? Are there huts? Amy stated a few years back that you have to carry your own chairs?

We are thinking of MVC which would allow us the funds to eat out all over the island, or the Tamarijn or Divi. The latter resorts we love the beach and that is our top priority.
    Any advice would be helpful

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-06-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: per amy's post: i corrected mine.

MVC DOES supply beach/lounge chairs for their guests and they now have their own beach attendant as well so you no longer need to carry the chairs across the street to the beach.

There are palapas available and the beach is quiet near MVC.

The rooms have just been recently redone again, and although small, are very nice if you don't require alot of space. Tulip restaurant has also been redone - very pretty and a brand new menu which was very good (had dinner there last month.)

Photos of MVC rooms at the link below:
    http://www.mvceaglebeach.com/hotel-rooms.html
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for the update amy

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    MVC has become a very popular place for tourists coming in for the day on cruise ships. They are one of the few choices available that rent palapas and chairs. They have added a few palapas, but some of the old ones still look pretty shabby. You should be ok getting a palapa as long as you get down there pretty early, which is the case just about anywhere on the island. Have you looked into renting a timeshare? You can probably find something that is larger and has a kitchen for around the same price.

Thank you Andrea and Amy,

Glad to hear that the beach is magnificent, but I am worried about the size of the room. Yes we are thinking of Divi/Tam, the total is about $10K for them vs $4K at MVC. Manchebo comes up with no available for our family of four, if I try it for two adults only, it shows available. I guess the family rooms are sold out. Granted we would spend a few thousand on food over the 16 days on the island if staying at MVC. I think the rooms at the Tamarijn are small (but just fine for us), and it sounds like MVC is smaller (maybe too small).

I have emailed MVC to inquire about the beds. Amy's pictures from their web site do not show two queens or even two full beds. We must have a bed, LOL. We also looked at the Divi Dutch Village, price is about $8K, but for $2K more you get AI at the Tam/Divi. I just may go AI and take a sure bet. 16 days is too long to get stuck somewhere that is too small.

I drive myself crazy with this, lol.

I have thought about the timeshare, but I just am too wary to rent one from whomever. Its a lot of cash, and I dont want to get stuck over the holidays, esp b/c I expect most spots on the Island to be sold out.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    It is very easy to rent from a timeshare owner. We've done it about ten times, in different localities. It saves you a ton of money. The most helpful advice I have received here is to call the resort and make sure that the person you are renting from is the owner of that week and that they have paid their maintenance fees. I know that it sounds scary but it works really well. We usually have breakfast and lunch in the condo and go out for dinner. Some nights we use the grills or eat leftovers. We are usually there for 14 - 18 days, and eating out does get very expensive. Also, we get tired of going out every night and some nights we just want to hang around the resort. If you are interested in a timeshare, check out redweek. com. A lot of owners haven't listed their units this early, so keep checking. You can also look at individual resorts web pages. Some have a section where owners list their units for rent. This is cheaper than renting directly from the resort. We've rented several units from the Costa Linda rental page. Another resort to look at is Divi Village. They have a great pool for the family. The beach is a little hike away, but they have shuttles that run continuously that can pick you up. Other resorts in that area are Aruba Beach Club, Casa Del Mar, Paradise Beach Villas, La Cabanna. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but there are lots of choices if you look around. We stay at Manchebo a lot when we need just a few extra days. The renovations are lovely. It is a wonderful place to stay, but it is getting pricey.

It may be more expensive, but you could also look into Amsterdam Manor. They offer rooms that are two bedrooms/2 baths (one bedroom has a king size bed and the other bedroom is two twin beds.) It also includes a living room, dining area/table, and full kitchen so you can save some money by eating some meals (breakfasts, lunch, etc.) "in" instead of eating out every night. We stay there twice a year and love it - we always use our kitchen for our breakfasts, a few lunches, and an occasional dinner "in".

I think the "family rooms" at MVC have adjoining doors so that one room will have a full size bed and the other room is twin beds....but I'm not sure. I would email them and ask.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks for advice Amy, I tried the Amsterdam Manor a few months back and as recent as of today and they had no room. Only rooms left are single beds,nothing for a family of four.

Thanks hatteras, I may explore timeshares more this weekend, I may look at specific places like you suggest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast