Aruba Beach

Thread: Need info on Brickell Bay hotel

mrk

Need info on Brickell Bay hotel

Has anyone stayed at Brickell Bay. we need one night before our timeshare and I've read some horrible reviews on tripadvisor. Any advise would be appreciated!

Stayed there one time..and last...would rather sleep in a rental car for the night!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I also stayed there once for 1 nite. Not great but I heard they are renovating their rooms. If you can get a guarantee that you will get one of the new rooms then I would go for it.

I 2nd Liz-Aruba Lover.....I had reservations over a year ago now and when I saw the room...it was the last time. I went and stayed at a friends house. Hopefully it is better now!!!!!!!!!!

The Brickell Bay's rooms are getting a facelift. I've seen the new rooms and they are pretty nice. Bigger beds, nicer decorations, european like interior and all with flat screen tv's. If I'm not mistaken all the rooms are completed. For the one night your staying it would be worth it.

My kids stay there for one night in Feb 2008 ,until we getting to our time share .
    The room was clean they hotel is good location for restaurent ect for the price go for it .the people was very nice.
    good luck ginette

Price and location hard to beat!!! You can walk straight to the beach between the Occidental and the Hyatt!

We stayed at the Brickell it was a cheap quick getaway we got what we paid for an inexpensive clean room nothing less nothing more. I would do it again

I conquer*

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    I stayed one night at Brickell Bay last year. The room was clean, cold, and perfunctory, but adequate. No real feeling of "luxury" to speak of, but the pool is okay. There is a swim-up bar, and high fences so that you don't get the sense you are essentially in the parking lot for Arawak Gardens (Salt n Pepper, Tango, Fishes n More, Casa Tua & Sopranos Piano Bar). Obviously, it's inexpensive and directly across the street from Palm Beach. Tomato Charlie's is connected (and delivers to the room). It really depends on whether or not a sense of luxury in the hotel room is an important component of your vacation experience, or if a clean room in a good location does it for you. No horror stories about the bedding, the smell, or anything like that to speak of. A basic motel-type room.