Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: need some help.....

  1. #1
    Senior Member nikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    molmok eagle beach
    Posts
    422

    need some help.....

    i just booked the airfare for my mother and my aunt(her sister) to go to aruba jan. 25th-feb 1st. (had to book separately because one had points and one had a voucher.) now i am working on where they are gonna stay. my first thought for them was the tam.

    my mom is in great health but my aunt is up there in age and just not too long ago had hip surgery...so im thinking walk out of room, right on the beach and they are good to go. the all inclusive is a side note really, they arent big drinkers, and i think if they ate out would probably spend less knowing these two. lol

    so what i am trying to ask is what other properties would you suggest for these two. needs to be easy access to beach, clean, has to be ground floor or definately have an elevator...i would consider timeshares also. i was also looking at amsterdam manor.

    as a side note i am not worrying about getting them around to casino's or restaurants....i will be setting something up with bully....lol

    so.....who suggest what and why?

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,943
    walk out of room directly onto beach.........Tamarijn

    have you also checked into Aruba BEach Club?

    also too the "presidential" at casa del mar...(NOT "ambassador")

    Manchebo?

    lotsa walking at lacabana right?

    holiday inn? radisson? westin?

    ya like i am lots of help right?!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tom and Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    My back yard pool
    Posts
    337
    Hi, read your request. The Tam / Divi would be the best for them. Easy to the beach and buffet. also good restaurants right on site. For the best relaxing vacation with everything right there, it's the best place. . . .

    Tom and Stanley

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,943
    if they stayed at the tamarijn the 1300 bldg would be ideal.

  5. #5
    Senior Member nikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    molmok eagle beach
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    walk out of room directly onto beach.........Tamarijn

    have you also checked into Aruba BEach Club?

    also too the "presidential" at casa del mar...(NOT "ambassador")

    Manchebo?

    lotsa walking at lacabana right?

    holiday inn? radisson? westin?

    ya like i am lots of help right?!

    loved our stay at lacabana...but yeah, i think they would be walking too much there if her hip got sore.

    i dont know much about the holiday in....what would the walking be like there? i did look into the rad and westin....i am afraid of how big the properties look...anyone know what the walk from rooms to pool/beach would be like there? i know my mother would love being nearer to the casino's...lol

  6. #6
    Senior Member nikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    molmok eagle beach
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    Hi, read your request. The Tam / Divi would be the best for them. Easy to the beach and buffet. also good restaurants right on site. For the best relaxing vacation with everything right there, it's the best place. . . .

    Tom and Stanley
    thanks tom and stanley....kinda what i was thinking...but i want to check out all the options!


    god this is killing me.......NOT booking an aruba vacation for ME!!!!lol

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,943
    the holiday inn MIGHT be a good option for them.

    my original suggestion of "aruba beach club" might be their best option.

    Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    loved our stay at lacabana...but yeah, i think they would be walking too much there if her hip got sore.

    i dont know much about the holiday in....what would the walking be like there? i did look into the rad and westin....i am afraid of how big the properties look...anyone know what the walk from rooms to pool/beach would be like there? i know my mother would love being nearer to the casino's...lol

  8. #8
    Senior Member nikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    molmok eagle beach
    Posts
    422
    ok...checking out abc...just looked at manchebo and it looks like a hike over alot of sand to get to the water...as much as i love the look of that much beach....it may not be right for them. checking abc....

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,943
    going to move this to the "hotel" section

  10. #10
    Senior Member sunnysmiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Posts
    497
    Divi Dutch Village sits right behind the Tam. There are 3 pools so there's one close to wherever their room is. They do not have elevators though so you would have to request a bottom floor. There are shuttles that will take you to the casino as well as the restaurants in that area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO