Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: new to forum and aruba lots of ?

new to forum and aruba lots of ?

good evening everyone. We are new to all of this. We have taken cruises to other countries but never stayed for a week on one island. In march we will be flying from Detroit metro to Aruba for what we hope will be a great, warm, wonderful, relaxing vacation. We are staying at the Divi all incl. Have seen some bad reviews as well as good. Kinda figured its like cruising, and that you cant please everyone so you just get in the middle and see for yourself. We are simple people, and dont need all the frills, bells, a stuff. Just good food and drinks and time to ourselves. Could anyone tell us about the room safes (if there are any). If we are at the beach swimming what can we do with our room key, money, important thing ? Dont want to be a big pain so one more question for now , does the room have drinks in the mini fridge or can we bring a bottle from duty free? Thank you all in advance and hope we dont make a pain out ourselves with all the questions that are sure to come.

Thank u
    Bob And Ann

We have been to the Divi 5 times and LOVE it. There are room safes. They aren't very big, but good enough for jewelry, wallets, etc. We don't bring a lot of valuables to the beach, but have never had a problem with anyone touching our stuff. You don't need much as you aren't very far from room and everything is paid for! I was worried reading the reviews my first year going, but everything was great. The food isn't gourmet, but good and plentyful. The bar is good with a lot of name brand liquors. My boyfriend has traveled alot and he says it's the best all inclusive bar he has seen. There are rooms in the fridge, nut nothing in them. Again , you dont need it as you are never very far from a bar. The water is great in Aruba so I usual fill a water bottle with tap water and keep it in the fridge. Dont worry, go, relax and enjoy! You will love it

We have stayed at the Divi a number of times (7) and really enjoy it. They have been updating rooms over the last year or so and they were just starting to do over the Pelican Terrace (buffet restaurant)when we were there in May. The Divi is an older resort. I've been known to refer to it as lovingly worn but it is spotless. The views from the ocean view rooms are wonderful and the beach is spectacular. If I had a criticism it would be that the food is nothing special although we have had some great meals at the Red Parrot and we can always find something at the buffet. We generally go off resort a few times for dinner although there have been trips that we never left the resort. The safes in the rooms are smaller in that you couldn't fit a laptop but we have found it adequate for our needs. I generally just bring some tip money when I go to the beach and throw it in my beach tote along with the room card and have never had an issue. The rooms also have a small mini fridge. Also would like to mention the great staff at the Divi. We have found everyone to be friendly and accommodating. Every time we return we are welcomed with warm hugs.

Aruba since 1979
    You will not be a pain , your questions are great.
    I just want to say welcome !!
    the divi pros have given good advice !

wow thank you all for the fast replies. Sure sounds like the wife and I picked a good resort for first timers. Cant wait to hit the beach. Seems like forever till March lol.

Aruba since 1979
    Chances are you and your bride will be repeat visitors

divi ....all divi properties, and there are many....are terrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by atrok3 View Post
    wow thank you all for the fast replies. Sure sounds like the wife and I picked a good resort for first timers. Cant wait to hit the beach. Seems like forever till March lol.

Hi Bob & Ann!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on falling in love with Aruba!! OK, maybe not yet, but by March you will and will be so incredibly excited to get there!

We use a vacation vault on the beach & by the pool although I really don't think we need it, just became habit. www.vacationvault.com

Please feel free to ask every single question that comes to mind! Most of us are here to talk about our favorite place in the world and keep our thoughts warm & sunny It's what gets me through to my next visit to One Happy Island!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I haven't stayed at the Divi but I wanted to mention that we always bring a couple of hundred broken down to 10's, 5's and even some 1s. This is convenient when paying for taxis, miscellaneous tipping, and other small purchases. There are other threads on this, but I think its one of the best pieces of travel advice I have received. Also, when packing, remember that Aruba is fairly casual. No need to pack those formal night clothes, unless you just want to. more thing, don't forget the sunblock!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

thank u all for all the wonderful advice. We would have never thought of half of them. Aruba sound like a piece of haven on earth. Just cant stop reading everything we can get my hand on about it. Do know one thing it sounds like I need to up date our stock portfolio and buy stock in sun screen. Every one has said LOTS of sunscreen. LOL

Aruba since 1979
    yes, lots of sunscreen.
    when packing, pack double the amount of sunlotion/screen as you think that you need.
    also too pack double the swimwear that you think you'll need.
    reduce the clothing contents in your suitcase by at least 1/3.
    no formal or business attire necessary.
    no ties for men, no jackets either.
    women can wear as minimal as a sun dress or capris and a nice top........that's as formal / dress as you will be!

bring no beach towels as all the resorts provide.

Quote Originally Posted by atrok3 View Post
    thank u all for all the wonderful advice. We would have never thought of half of them. Aruba sound like a piece of haven on earth. Just cant stop reading everything we can get my hand on about it. Do know one thing it sounds like I need to up date our stock portfolio and buy stock in sun screen. Every one has said LOTS of sunscreen. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast