Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: new to forum and aruba lots of ?

Picture of an in-room safe at the Divi

Pictures of a typical room at the Divi

yes, plenty of sunscreen. Even those people who "never use sunscreen" need to reapply constantly.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    the problem with the safe at divi and tamarijn is not only the smallish size , but the need for a lock/key.
    if one loses the key one is up the "creek without a paddle" and has to pay a considerable fee to divi/tamarijn for the lock to be removed
    the smallish size may hold a kindle or nook or ipad mini and passports and cash and jewelry. larger items though can be stored in the safe at the front desk office.
    thank you for posting the photo lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the problem with the safe at divi and tamarijn is not only the smallish size , but the need for a lock/key.
    if one loses the key one is up the "creek without a paddle" and has to pay a considerable fee to divi/tamarijn for the lock to be removed
    the smallish size may hold a kindle or nook or ipad mini and passports and cash and jewelry. larger items though can be stored in the safe at the front desk office.
    thank you for posting the photo lisa!
    ...and they charge $2.00 per day for the lock!

well here is another question the wife thought of. Does the Divi provide shampoo conditioner things like that or should we bring that?

The divi has shampoo and conditioner in the shower stall on the wall. I'm not crazy about it so I generally buy some Aruba Aloe shampoo when I get there.

Tell your wife to be prepared for "beach hair" all week. With the breezes and the warm air, I pretty much just wash and go all week. I use a few products to avoid having a frizz-ball on my head. I like to bring my own shampoo and conditioner because I feel like I need good products, but I do buy a smaller bottle for the trip, sometimes even just a couple travel sized and use a combo of the hotel ones and my own.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

It is an "all in one" combo. I always tell people if you cannot go without your "everyday" product, bring IT.

I'll admit to going down to breakfast with my hair still wet from a shower. What's the sense of spending all that time in the morning when I'll be in the water all day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12