Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new Hotel in Town?

A new Hotel in Town?

Amigoe.com/english

Havana for sale for approx. 5 million
    16 Apr, 2010, 13:10 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD — The buildings from Havana Beach, Papas Beach and the vacant former restaurant Ambianz will possibly be sold to a ‘huge American franchise’. Owner Harry Koeman informed Amigoe on the aforementioned yesterday evening. The asking price for the building is ‘more than five million’.
    The negotiations are in progress and the company has an option that expires on July 1st, 2010. Whether the sale goes through, should become clear before that date. Koeman does not wish to mention the name of the franchise, because he signed for such – by his own account. Nevertheless, several sources mention the company Nikki Beach as possible candidate. It is remarkable, that the Chamber of Commerce mentions the name Nikki Beach as statutory name of Havana. This American company has beach clubs and hotels all over the world. Their main office is located in Miami and they have establishments amongst others in France, Spain, Mexico, Morocco and Thailand. By one’s own account, Nikki Beach brings dining, fashion, music and entertainment together in a mix of luxuriousness, exclusivity and beauty.
    According to Koeman, the franchise wishes to operate in the Caribbean region. The company is therefore currently working on a feasibility study on Aruba. The option on the Havana buildings implies that the interested company has sole purchase right up to July 1st, 2010.
    Papas Beach
    It’s possible that Papas Beach, the beach tent located at Havana Beach will be taken over as well. Sources around Koeman state that a new owner wants to exploit the beach tent himself. Papas Beach director John Oster, who also owns the adjacent diving school Fly ‘n Dive, states he is prepared to sell – depending on the price offered. Oster hinted it could become ‘unpleasant’ if an agreement on the selling price cannot be reached. “If they really want to get rid of us, they could make life very difficult for us”, he says. However, co-owner Ramon Groot Antink assures this newspaper that nothing will change with the arrival of another landlord. “We have a long-term rental contract with the option of a five-year extension.”
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Is Havana Beach across the road from Talk of the Town?

Aruba since 1979
    yup that is the area.
    talk of the town is across the road.

I don't know if I were an investor that this is where I would put a high end hotel.Unless they know something we don't.

Aruba since 1979
    from Amigoe
    "This American company has beach clubs and hotels all over the world. "

imo, we should not get ourselves into a speculation game/banter.

i cannot imagine in these times and with the situation with the "public unhappiness and protests" re: the ritz, that another resort will be built. but i have been wrong once or twice before.

the article does not mention that a hotel is in the works.

i think they should build a library, a world class university or a veterinary medical college.

I recall that one of the reasons Mirandi had to move their location was
    because that property was supposed to be sold to a developer.

I heard it fell through because since it's right near the air strip
    they weren't allowed to build it as high as they wanted.

Don't think that is the best location for a resort.

Remember it well when a plane came in for landing at Mirandi's -
    really close and very loud.

The new gov't said it only wants boutique hotels (whatever that means) and
    I can't see an exclusive resort or condo project at the end of a landing strip!

Papa's Beach Club

I was recently told that Papa's Beach Club & beach is no more. Is that true? It was our favorite beach. Hopefully, someone else has taken it over.

Anyone know?

Last I heard, Nikki Beach Club (as in Nikki Beach of Miami/South Beach and some other resort cities as well) may be taking over the spot.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by sueny View Post
    I was recently told that Papa's Beach Club & beach is no more. Is that true? It was our favorite beach. Hopefully, someone else has taken it over.

Anyone know?
    Where is/was it located?
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    Where is/was it located?
    Surfside Beach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast