Aruba Beach

Thread: NEW "KIDS" POLICY AT DIVI for 2018

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock

NEW "KIDS" POLICY AT DIVI for 2018

Was just on Divi's website and noticed this.

New Kids Policy for 2018 at Divi Aruba

Kids Ages 5 and Under Stay, Play and Eat FREE
    Kids Ages 6 through 12, $50 per child, per night
    Kids Ages 13 through 17, $75 per child, per night
    Persons 18 and older pay adult rate

Interesting they’ve gone back to their old policy. I wonder why. They were filling the hotel with the family rates. I actually would go back as I love the beach there. Tom wouldn’t.

A good friend of mine just returned from there this week and told us about the new policy. He didn’t say why they were making the change. In business it’s usually about the $$$

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

They probably changed it for several reasons: 1) $$$$ - it's costing them too much 2) complaints from people w/o kids 3) tourism was down last year in Aruba and they were probably trying to attract new people, but with the upsurge in people visiting Aruba because of the damage to other island, they are going to cash in on the extra revenue.

Aruba since 1979
    every point is spot on robin!
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    They probably changed it for several reasons: 1) $$$$ - it's costing them too much 2) complaints from people w/o kids 3) tourism was down last year in Aruba and they were probably trying to attract new people, but with the upsurge in people visiting Aruba because of the damage to other island, they are going to cash in on the extra revenue.

Totally agree that the increase in tourists resulting from the storm damage is a huge factor. I can also understand why couples without children would complain as a family of 4 would be paying the same as a couple. In a sense they are subsidizing the family rates. That said, we switched from the Divi as there were just too many unsupervised children underfoot. When we first started going there it was a pretty even mix of couples and families. The dynamics changed considerably when they introduced the kids under 17 stay and eat free and it was no longer a good fit for us. I wouldn’t be surprised though if they continued to offer the kids stay free option on future promotions.

Plus those new people they attracted are addicted and willing to return at slightly higher rates.

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ