Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Occidental Grand Dress Code

Occidental Grand Dress Code

Hi,
    Can anyone help me with the dress code for dinner at Occidental Grand?

I want to find out if the following are acceptable; Short sleeve shirts, polo shirts, jeans, Smart shorts?

I have emailed Occidental and got this response;
    'For dress long trousers/slack, collar shirt and closed shoes or dressed sandals are required for men. Casual sport,dressy shorts allowed no tank tops.'

Apologies for anyone who has read the same query from me on another forum!

Thanks,
    Adrian

As of 2009

How busy is Aruba in July / Occidental

According to http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147247-i144-k2598319-l16333188-Occidental_questions-Aruba.html

"Posted on: 8:39 pm, March 04, 2009
    Men definitely have to wear pants in the ala carts except in the caribean restarant both men and women can where nicer shorts.

I never wore shorts in any of the restaurants, except the caribean, but I seen a few women wearing dress shorts in other restaurants. The men will be turned away no matter how nice the shorts are in all the other ala carts. I never ate in the buffet so I'm not sure of the rules there. During the day you can wear whatever you want in the buffet, but you must have shoes on and men must wear t shirts."
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Updated http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147249-i151-k4273878-Occidental_Grand_Aruba_Dress_Code-Palm_Eagle_Beach_Aruba.html

"You can wear short sleeves as long as there not tshirts,Polo or buttoned up short sleeves are fine.I definitely would not wear jeans to the italian or the oriental restaurant but i have seen people wear jeans to the mexican restaurant."

Yes women can wear shorts but men have to wear slacks. I have seen men with jeans, I think their "thing" is long pants for men in the evening at the restaurants. My hubby just takes a pair of dockers and wears differents shirts--don't want to pack heavy.
    Pat

Oh and right after he eats, he changes back to shorts. No big deal for us. Enjoy your stay!! We do, and can't wait to get back.
    Pat
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-24-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: MERGED two posts ;)

Just had this reply from Occidental;

Restaurant dress code
    Longtrousers/slacks or jeans, collar shirt and closed shoes or dressed sandals are required for men that for L'olio/Olvido/Zen.

Casual sport dressy short allowed.No tank tops The Palm & Desire Restaurant

Still doesn't confirm about short sleeve shirts or polo shirts though
    Last edited by aaruck; 03-25-2011 at 12:15 PM.

aaruk, yes you can wear short sleeve shirts. Polo shirts have collars and yes you can wear them. Well, you could for the last 7 years. hahaha
    Enjoy
    Pat

I am pretty darned sure that they are NOT, AND I REPEAT NOT referring to a LONG SLEEVE collared shirt.

As others have said, go with a short sleeved button down shirt or nice polo with a collar.

Yes Lisa you are right. No to the long sleeves and YES to the polo's with a collar or button down collars. My hubby, like I said, takes dockers and mixes up the shirts. He doesn't have the slacks on long--just long enough to eat dinner.
    Pat

Hi, What do men tend to wear on their feet when wearing trousers? Thanks

My husband wears loafers. Some wear tennis shoes also. When are you going? We will be there NEXT Saturday. Just 6 days away. Woooohooo.
    Enjoy your time.
    Pat

For the better restaurants I wear lightweight tropical slacks (either linen or Dockers) and a short sleeved shirt (Hawaiian style without the big bright flowers) and casual shoes similar to Topsiders.

I have had no issues with polo shirts in place of the SS shirts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast