Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Occidental Grand Questions

Occidental Grand Questions

Hello: We just booked our 10th trip to Aruba, but first staying at the Occidental. Does anyone know how the little huts work? Am I going to have to get up by sunrise to reserve one?

Also, any comments on the Occidental are appreciated.

Thanks.

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    Hello: We just booked our 10th trip to Aruba, but first staying at the Occidental. Does anyone know how the little huts work? Am I going to have to get up by sunrise to reserve one?

Also, any comments on the Occidental are appreciated.

Thanks.
    I think you made a wise choice, because that is where we stay. Really, we have stayed there 7 years now and we love it. I can't tell you about the little huts, because we always get our chairs at the pool, and then go back and forth to the beach. My hubby goes down by the pool earlier than I do, but we have never had a problem in getting our chairs, but I can't tell you that if you go down at noon you won't have a problem. Maybe we are lucky, but we always get the same chairs.
    I hope you enjoy the hotel as much as we do. We love everyone there, they are like our Aruba "family". They have been really good to us. We have not had a bad experience there, that is why we go back. The only thing I wish the would change is the fact that men have to wear slacks to dinner. It really isn't that a big of a deal, because as soon as we eat, he changes back to his shorts.
    When are you going? Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by tangy003 View Post
    PM sent
    Is it possible to share with the forum the information on procedures for palapas at the Occidental

We are going second week of May. It'll be our 10th year in a row, and that's a tradition I want to keep up as long as possible.

Thanks for your comments.

Oh we will be there on the 21st. We try now to go in May for our anniversary. I hope you enjoy your stay and sorry we won't be able to meet.
    Have fun!
    Pat

We usually go in April for our anniversary, but couldn't get away this year. So, our May trip will have to count as our anniversary Aruba trip. 35 years and counting!

Enjoy your tirp and your anniversary.

35 years--that is wonderful!! We have 21 and counting.
    Have a great trip, and your anniversary as well. Can't have a bad time---you will be in Aruba.
    Pat

Slacks at dinner

Hi,

I'm staying at the Occidental for the first time and I just read your post about men wearing pants to dinner if we eat at one of there restaurants, correct? We are not doing the AI program but just in case we decide to eat at one of the restaurants like the Italian place that is very good to know. We like to go out and eat at the other restaurants.

Do you know where I can get a complete list of restaurants on the Island? Even the fast food places?

Quote Originally Posted by mgenestra View Post
    Hi,

I'm staying at the Occidental for the first time and I just read your post about men wearing pants to dinner if we eat at one of there restaurants, correct? We are not doing the AI program but just in case we decide to eat at one of the restaurants like the Italian place that is very good to know. We like to go out and eat at the other restaurants.

Do you know where I can get a complete list of restaurants on the Island? Even the fast food places?
    Aruba.com Restaurant Dining Guide

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast