Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Occidental Grand Questions

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    Hello: We just booked our 10th trip to Aruba, but first staying at the Occidental. Does anyone know how the little huts work? Am I going to have to get up by sunrise to reserve one?

Also, any comments on the Occidental are appreciated.

Thanks.

oh please report back- we are going to the occidental for the first time in Sept.
    In one of the deluxe rooms-
    What type of accommodations do you have?

will you be eating onsite or venturing off??

Tangy- I would love information regarding the occiental too

stay at the occidental 5 times a year, love the resort and staff, wonderful people.
    as for the palapas, you need to be first, put your items on the chair's, that saves them.
    or as the regular's do ask for johnny, or frankie, they are right on the beach, tips are alway's appreciated, but not required... i'll be arriving 4/25

Oh Ricky59 you go 5 times a year! How lucky you are. I LOVE the Occidental, but we have only been there 7 times, but all the trips we have taken to Aruba. I always say "if it ain't broke--why fix it" hahaha Gotta love Johnny and Frankie. Johnny came to see my husband when he had to go to the hospital. WONDERFUL people there at the Occidental.
    Well BACK to the subject----
    I just wanted to mention to the people that are going for the first time, one thing we didn't know our first time, is to book your dinner reservations for the restaurants when you first get there. The people at the desk don't ask you, or they didn't 7 years ago. We thought you could just show up and get in, but that is NOT the case. Well you can for the buffet's but NOT the restaurants. Don't make the mistake we did.
    I hope this helps you guys. Let me know if there is anything else.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    I just wanted to mention to the people that are going for the first time, one thing we didn't know our first time, is to book your dinner reservations for the restaurants when you first get there. The people at the desk don't ask you, or they didn't 7 years ago. We thought you could just show up and get in, but that is NOT the case. Well you can for the buffet's but NOT the restaurants. Don't make the mistake we did.

Pat
    and I worry because we do not arrive until Sunday
    and what happens of all the reservations are gone?

I wonder if we could call on Saturday to make our reservations?

...and for the ala carte restaurants, remember to pack the long slacks for the men
    Occidental Grand Dress Code

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    and I worry because we do not arrive until Sunday
    and what happens of all the reservations are gone?

I wonder if we could call on Saturday to make our reservations?
    I don't know if they would take the reservations before you get there. What time to you arrive? But don't worry, they have a buffet that you don't need reservations. They have some food there that is made to order as well. I don't think you will have anything to worry about, you will get to eat that night. Just remember to book your reservations for the week when you check in. I don't know why they don't tell you that at check-in, but they may do that now. But again, don't worry you will eat that night--no problem.
    Enjoy your vacation!!!!!
    Pat

we own a time e- check in in Saturday to Saturday but we arrive on Sunday about 2pm.

Its our first time here and I get nervous--lol

Oh don't get nervous--you are going to the beautiful island of Aruba for a wonderful vacation. Enjoy!!
    Pat
    Last edited by Love Aruba; 03-31-2011 at 11:32 PM.

call in advance, ask for sandra in guest services.

would you know a number we can ca;;

does sandra take care of Vacation club owners?
    Last edited by serene56; 04-01-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast