Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Occidental - have you stayed there?

Occidental - have you stayed there?

Hello all. What can you tell me about Occidental. Planning on going in Summer with hubby and daughter and friends. What buildings/area to avoid with bad view? Hows the atmosphere and food. What stores/restaurants are within walking distance? Thanks for any input

Aruba since 1979
    i cannot imagine any building needing avoiding at Occidental

here are some tagged threads (palm beach area restaurants)
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/rest...m%20beach.html
    are you doing all inclusive plan there?

did you see the for rent occidental in the timeshare category?
    Quote Originally Posted by arubacam View Post
    Hello all. What can you tell me about Occidental. Planning on going in Summer with hubby and daughter and friends. What buildings/area to avoid with bad view? Hows the atmosphere and food. What stores/restaurants are within walking distance? Thanks for any input

most folks make the mistake of booking the least expensive room, then complain about their view.. pay a few dollars more, get poolside, worth it.
    the atmosphere, you'll love it. many restaurants and shops across the street.
    great hotel for kids of all ages, how old are the kids? what month are you going?
    food, good, love this resort!!!

Hello all. We are planning on going to Occidental last week of August for my 50th birthday and my girlfriend's 50th. My hubby and I and our daughter who is 18 are going and my friend and her hubby and their daughter who is 20. We have been to aruba twice before Aruba Grand and Holiday Inn. Our friends have never been there. They have never been to an island so they are gonna love it! We feel if we do the all inclusive it would be most cost effective. I always wanted to stay at the Raddison but with the cost of food and drinks I thought it would cost too much. We like the idea of everything being included although we would like to eat outside of resort for dinner a couple times. We plan on doing Jolly Pirates and hubby and buddy want to do a 1/2 day fishing trip. Not sure where to go for that. Should we book before hand? Any other suggestions for fun?

Book a tour with Aruba Trikes. The Trikes are a blast and you tour the whole island with stops at the lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, the rock formations and Zeerovers where fishing boats bring their catch. Check out their website for more info.

no need to book now, why lock yourself into a specific date now?
    won't have any problem booking same day... great area for tke kids, lots of nightlife..

Aruba since 1979
    some of the activities have a decent discount if one books online prior to arrival.

that being said, i agree with what you wrote for pretty much all activities.
    but with the trikes that were mentioned 2 posts ago, i agree with an online booking prior. those tours fill fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    no need to book now, why lock yourself into a specific date now?
    won't have any problem booking same day... great area for tke kids, lots of nightlife..

Thanks everyone! So excited to go.. I tried to do a Trip ticker but this site won't allow me to post it? Said I don't have permission? Don't know hot to get that?

My favorite place is Aruba, so anywhere on the island is perfect!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by arubacam View Post
    Thanks everyone! So excited to go.. I tried to do a Trip ticker but this site won't allow me to post it? Said I don't have permission? Don't know hot to get that?
    I think you have to have 11 posts before the system allows you to add the ticker... Have fun in Aruba!!!

Thanks I will work up to 11 posts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast