Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Occidental Problems

Occidental Problems

We are 'deeded' owners. Andrea, do you feel a letter would be more efficient than a personal contact. I have two daughter's who are attorneys here in Pennsylvania. They are willing to send a letter in our behalf, but of course if it ever came to a court appearance, they do not have licenses in Aruba or Spain.

Again, I am asking every owner who feels their rights are being violated to please send me an email directly so that I can prepare a letter with all of our signatures. I anyone is heading to Aruba prior to Jan 13th, if you could speak with owners on the beach and get them to join us, I would like to have as many names and email addresses as possible prior to contacting the minister of tourism.

macalh@aol.com

Aruba since 1979
    you could try to contact him thru phone 1st

i will find you a number to that office as well as his direct email.

i would cc everything to your occidental contact people too

Aruba since 1979
    o.oduber@aruba.com

i do not think his office is in the tourism office.
    his office may be in the parliament bldg.
    but you could call the number below and inquire.

ARUBA TOURISM AUTHORITY
    L.G. Smith Blvd. 8
    Eagle, Aruba
    Dutch Caribbean
    Phone: International code +(297) 582-3777
    Fax: International code +(297) 583-4702

ARUBA TOURISM AUTHORITY, PUBLIC RELATIONS
    L.G. Smith Blvd. 8
    Eagle, Aruba
    Dutch Caribbean
    Phone: International code +(297) 582-3777
    Fax: International code +(297) 583-4702
    Email: ata.pr@aruba.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Well, judging from what is being posted we are not all being given the same message. So, I called this morning. This is what I was told.
    1. I can split my 1 bedroom into 2 hotel units
    2. I can only do it 60 days out (that is a change that affects everyone)
    3. I must take the all inclusive. (that affects the owners of optional all inclusive contracts)
    Numbers 2 & 3 are a change in the contract and "rules and regs"
    Eileen

I am a relatively new owner. 3 years.
    For our program it was always stated that we can use bonus weeks but could ONLY book at 60 days-
    we could only use hotel rooms for the bonus stay.

but if we wanted to use our week we could split our delux one bedroom to two hotel rooms. AI was madatory.

From talking to people who own when we were there in Sept.. depends on what year they got the share to what they are entitled to. Is that not the case now?

I am only learning about rules and regulations. So sorry I can not help here but want to follow the conversation.

the time you purchsed makes no difference., they want to force all owners to purchase the all inclusive, many own optional.
    all my weeks are optional, so in essence if calling to make reservations and split my unit's if i choose all inclusive i'm sure that i'll be taken care of with hotel units, no problem.
    when i tell them no all inclusive, the response we have no hotel units available.
    another member on this forum owns many units, and who rents to others is now unable to split units and use bonus weeks.
    this owner should be able to rent, split, sell, etc, she owns them!!!!
    the problem with the occidental vacation club, no member association.
    hopefully that will change......

how do you get a owners association started?

Occidental and RCI

I thought that I would take a look today to see what kind of availability there was for the Occidental Aruba on RCI. It looks as if the Occidental has made a bulk deposit of hotel units . There are some larger units, but 90% of the availability is in hotel units. I believe there were 37 visible deposits available, last night there were 47. I have never seen that kind of availability. Remember now, RCI is a timeshare company, so I guess Occidental Vacation Club has plenty of inventory. Those who make a reservation do have to pay a very large all inclusive fee ($181 pp/ $159pp). I guess this is a more lucrative business so forget the contractual obligations of the Club. One little bonus ... the exchangers/purchasers, do not have to pay the all inclusive charges until they check in ... not so with the owners who have to pay when making the reservation.
    Just 'food' for thought.
    Eileen

does the AI rate differ from person to person or time of year?

we are paying 95.00 per adult for the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Those who make a reservation do have to pay a very large all inclusive fee ($181 pp/ $159pp).
    Would anyone really in their right mind pay that much for an all inclusive?

That is per person/ per day in addition to the cost of the timeshare itself?

Occidental Problems

When you bought your timeshare does determine whether you are mandatory AI or not. Contracts with start dates from 2001 to about 2005 were non mandatory AI. We had several 'accelerated' weeks, etc.

When Carlos came to Aruba, he was determined to change things. Suddenly you could only buy a contract that included the mandatory AI. Some were 4 days on 3 days off but then they went to total 7 days mandatory.

If you have a mandatory AI contract you will never have a problem splitting your unit into hotel rooms. You pay the AI all the time. Bonus weeks are the weeks which can only be booked 60 days in advance.

You're right. Why would someone in their right mind pay Occidental $25,000 for a week in a one bedroom unit and be forced to take the AI, when they can walk down to the new Beach Villas at the Divi Phoenix and get a one bedroom FIXED week for $25,000 without any obligation to buy the AI.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast