Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Occidental Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Would anyone really in their right mind pay that much for an all inclusive?

That is per person/ per day in addition to the cost of the timeshare itself?

When we were there for our week in Sept- I was amazed at what people were paying and they thought it was cheap.

Many people wore those black bracelets which are supposed to denote owner ship. but many people were renting their units with the AI feature.

no way would I ever pay 155 or even 180 pp per night for any vacation.

Like you said- I could stay at the Radisson and pay for my meals out for less then that a week

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    Like you said- I could stay at the Radisson and pay for my meals out for less then that a week
    That was pretty much my thinking. It would make no logical sense.

From a renter's viewpoint, this new policy stinks as well. Thanks to help from Mary Alice and another owner, we are set for a really big trip next summer. However, what should have been an easy rental arrangement with one owner had turned into a mad-dash with many emails and phone calls.
    Let's just hope Occidental doesn't pull any other new tricks.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Would anyone really in their right mind pay that much for an all inclusive?

That is per person/ per day in addition to the cost of the timeshare itself?
    They are very good at convincing you that you are getting a deal. They've got it down to an art form.

I presume that no one has heard anything since our last post. I have just posted this info on Facebook under the Occidental Vacation Club page. Hopefully, you will check it out and add comments to it.
    www.facebook.com/occidentalvacationclub

Are we paying our fees this year or are we withholding till this matter is resolved?

Unhappy

I just tried making reservations splitting my 1 bedroom for 2 hotel rooms with no AI. She said sure, no problem just let me check availability. When she came back she said the only availabilty was for full AI hotel rooms. I asked if there was another time that I would be able to get 2 hotel rooms without AI. She said that the computer would not allow her to book it that way any more.
    Even if you have an AI optional 1bedroom if you switch to 2 hotel rooms the must be AI!
    I would be happy to book the partial AI for the 2 hotel rooms, that would be my preference. As far as the people at reservations know there is no such option as "partial AI". You have to tell them that you do not want the AI and then when you get to the Occidental ask for the Partial AI. With this new policy you can't do that anymore. This if very frustrating that things change without notice from year to year.

still trouble with Barcelo???

old old thread, are you folks still owners?
    Still having the same issues, not getting rooms?
    being forced to purchase all inclusive??
    Last edited by ricky59; 07-17-2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: correct

do you still own your unit?

my friends, two couples, made a mistake in to buying Occidental and they would be happy to join you,guys.When they called and asked to use their timeshare it was refused on base they overbooked, but when they called 5 minutes later just to rent hotel room,had no problem and price was very reasonable as well

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast