Aruba Beach

Thread: ocean front lanai room @ H.I.

I will answer this question site unseen. THE OCEAN AND BEACH

ocean front lanai room @ H.I.

I originally booked a jr suite and the hotel has since told me that they are in the curaco towers only, so they are telling me that they are putting me in the lanai o/front firstfloor with terrace and patio furniture. Does anyone know anything about these lanai rooms? It's in the bonaire tower. Any info greatly appreciated!

3 days till beach bliss!!!!!!

Cool Here is my input...

I am not 100% sure, but I think the suite that you are describing is in the Bonnaire tower. That being said, if you are on the first floor of the Holiday Inn, your ocean view will be somewhat blocked by other palapas (it is the equivalent of getting the last row of palapas on the beach) and palm trees. Additionally, you should note that the pathway joining the hotels along Palm Beach is right in front of your unit if you are on the first floor. In my opinion, if you are getting an ocean view suite (or even a partial ocean view suite for that matter) at the Holiday Inn, you should make sure that you are on a high floor (much better view in my opinion/you would not feel like you were sharing your view with the others on the beach i.e. it would feel more private). Perhaps you should see if you could get a suite on a higher floor in the Aruaba/Bonnaire towers or even physically check out the room in the Curacao tower before they assign you your room.

Not sure which tower, but nice patio ? I have a few more photos

Lisa, thats the middle building

Cool Bonaire tower in Lisa's photo

That is the Bonaire tower in Lisa's photo and the suite that I was thinking of when I made my original post. Some people may prefer a ground floor unit with a larger patio than a balcony, however, I prefer a smaller balcony with a better view/more privacy - just my opinion.

I would agree with you Graham. Is the room itself the same size though?

Cool Further comment...

The Holiday Inn's website allows virtual tours of their facility (i.e. you are able to get 360 degree views of certain areas on the hotel grounds). The Holiday Inn website address is http://caribbeanhi.com/aruba/index.p...pper&Itemid=31. The VR tour suggests that an ocean view suite is the same size as a regular room.

I should also point out that if you take the Holiday Inn's VR tour to the Palm Beach area (i.e. next to the Iguana Terrace) you will be able to better understand my comment about the palapas/palm trees and walkway interfering with your view/privacy (and you would be able to get a 360 degree view from the area around where Lisa's picture was taken).

I will answer this question site unseen. THE OCEAN AND BEACH
    Thanks all so very much, I'm off to the airport in exactly 13 hours and 50 mins and haven't finished packing I need to light the dynamite under some butts and I should be on the beach in the next 22 1/2 hours Well I'd have to say the animation pretty much sums up how I'm feeling, again Thanks all so much for all your wonderful knowledge, I'll be sure to post when I return lol.

beachbum have a fantastic trip and let us know how you made out with the room and how much fun you all had , when you return.