Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Ok Ritz lovers...talk to me!

Perfect example of a great rate to stay at the Ritz. Thats the lowest rate I have ever seen, the previous was 288 nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    The Ritz is almost always sold out when we travel there. We travel during the vacation weeks. When we were there in February they only had 1 room available. When I was there in April over vacation week they were almost sold out then as well. As far as price goes, it really depends. They soak you during vacation weeks- Xmas is off the charts, but other times the rates are similar to the Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton. Jetblue also has some great buys on occasion and really discount the rooms big time- we used jetblue vacation packages three times so far and had no issues. The Ritz does a good amount of business trips especially in between March-June when companies are rewarding their top performers.

Okay, Jay you can't have all of the fun, let me jump in here. We were fortunate enough to stay two nights at the Ritz this past trip on Marriott points. As Jay says, the service is beyond outstanding. From the time you arrive to the time you depart you are made to feel like royalty. As far as the beach situation, we went down around 8:00AM both mornings and had lounge chairs on the beach. As with the pool, the attendants are there ready to serve you by placing terry cloth pads on the chairs and towels, raising the umbrella and providing you with just about anything you desire. At different points during the day a young man came by with an ice bucket full of ice pops which he gladly passed out to guests, another came by with ice cold wash clothes to help beat the heat but my favorite was the young fellow on the Segway that delivered ice cold adult beverages with the grace of a ballerina and the speed of an Indy 500 driver, he was amazing on that thing! Also available for guests free of charge at the towel hut are two different SPF sunscreens and ice cold water. Personally I can think of no better way in this world to use "a stupid amount of Marriott points".

I am always willing to share, lol. Its nice to read someone else's perspective on staying at the Ritz. Walt I get the feeling it may not be your only trip to the Ritz

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Okay, Jay you can't have all of the fun, let me jump in here. We were fortunate enough to stay two nights at the Ritz this past trip on Marriott points. As Jay says, the service is beyond outstanding. From the time you arrive to the time you depart you are made to feel like royalty. As far as the beach situation, we went down around 8:00AM both mornings and had lounge chairs on the beach. As with the pool, the attendants are there ready to serve you by placing terry cloth pads on the chairs and towels, raising the umbrella and providing you with just about anything you desire. At different points during the day a young man came by with an ice bucket full of ice pops which he gladly passed out to guests, another came by with ice cold wash clothes to help beat the heat but my favorite was the young fellow on the Segway that delivered ice cold adult beverages with the grace of a ballerina and the speed of an Indy 500 driver, he was amazing on that thing! Also available for guests free of charge at the towel hut are two different SPF sunscreens and ice cold water. Personally I can think of no better way in this world to use "a stupid amount of Marriott points".

Jay, I'm in a J.W. Marriott as I type this amassing my own "stupid amount of Marriott points" for just such an occasion! Been here 23 days with another 10 to 14 to go!

Walt it sounds like you will have tons of points to go back and stay at the Ritz. You should go earlier next April and stay there prior to your stay at the Surf club and we will overlap as I try to go every April.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Jay, I'm in a J.W. Marriott as I type this amassing my own "stupid amount of Marriott points" for just such an occasion! Been here 23 days with another 10 to 14 to go!

I'm staying at the Ritz for the first time in a couple weeks. Got a great deal on what they call a "limited view room" with breakfast included and I couldn't pass it up. Anybody know how limited the limited view really is, and what are the odds if I politely ask for an upgrade that they'll honor my request?

I have never seen a limited view room. You can certainly ask if they don't automatically upgrade you to start your vacation off on a positive note. I also have never asked for an upgrade either so I can't help you there. Good luck and enjoy the Ritz!

Quote Originally Posted by EWRtoAUA View Post
    I'm staying at the Ritz for the first time in a couple weeks. Got a great deal on what they call a "limited view room" with breakfast included and I couldn't pass it up. Anybody know how limited the limited view really is, and what are the odds if I politely ask for an upgrade that they'll honor my request?

Aruba since 1979
    welcome ewrtoaua to the aruba.com community forum

i bet there are no free upgrades, however i bet the limited view is pretty darn good.
    how bad could it be?

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

With the amount of time we really spend in the room, does it matter? I'm sure it will be lovely. Hope you will come back & share pics of the limited view for us.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

When I made reservations I was contacted afterwards and they asked if we were celebrating any special occasion. I told them we were celebrating my wife's birthday and our upcoming anniversary. We were upgraded to an ocean front room. I'm sure you are celebrating something... right??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast