Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Opinions on room category at The Radisson

I am very surprised that your travel agent is unable to answer your specific questions.

Room Categories
    at the Radisson since their renovation
    Guestroom Bonaire & Curacao Tower CHEAPEST room category
    Guestroom Aruba Tower LITTLE BIT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN CHEAPEST, could be considered an upgrade

Garden View Bonaire & Curacao Tower

Ocean Garden View Bonaire & Curacao Tower

Ocean View Aruba Tower
    Deluxe Ocean View Bonaire & Curacao Tower

Ocean Gardenview Aruba Tower
    Deluxe Ocean Gardenview Aruba Tower

Plaza Club

7th or 8th Floor Room
    Plaza Club Ocean View
    Plaza Club Deluxe Ocean Garden View

Any category with the word "DELUXE" are the best views in that specific category. Rooms which are CLOSER to the ocean (higher number rooms up to those ending with 19 or 20- these are suites with the exception of the Aruba tower where only rooms ending in 20 are the Aruba suites and rooms ending in 19 are hotel rooms)
    For example
    Ocean Gardenview Aruba Tower
    Deluxe Ocean Gardenview Aruba Tower
    ALL Aruba tower rooms are more expensive than those in the Bonaire and Curacao Towers in the same category. All Aruba tower rooms which are Deluxe are the highest in that view category (see above)

Aruba Junior Suite- accommodates 2
    Aruba tower, oceanview, king size bed only, oversized guestroom

Bonaire Petite Suite- accommodates 4
    625 sq. ft., Bonaire tower, garden & poolviews, one bedroom suite, private bedroom with king size bed, living room with queen size sleeper sofa, wet bar, bath with power shower, no tub, French balcony only- full-length sliding glass door, 2 televisions

Bonaire Suite- accommodates 4
    625 sq. ft., Bonaire tower, ocean, garden & poolviews, one bedroom suite, private bedroom with king size bed, living room with queen size sleeper sofa, dressing area, bath with large stall shower & separate Jacuzzi tub, 2 televisions

Curacao Suite- accommodates 4
    768 sq. ft., Curacao tower, Ocean/garden & poolviews, one bedroom suite, private bedroom with king size bed, living room with queen size sleeper sofa, wet bar, dining area, large oversized marble bath with power shower or combination Jacuzzi/shower tub, oceanview on floors 4, 5 & 6, 2 televisions, entertainment system, balcony with chaise lounges & cocktail table & 2 chairs

Aruba Suite- accommodates 4
    1,100 sq. ft., Aruba tower, ocean/pool views, dining area, wet bar, 1 & 1/2 baths, Jacuzzi tub with shower massage, private bedroom with king size bed, living room with queen size sleeper sofa, 2 televisions, entertainment system, balcony with chaise lounges & cocktail table & 2 chairs

Plaza Club Aruba Suite- 7th or 8th suite
    Penthouse Suite- accommodates 6
    2,735 square foot.

9th floor Aruba Tower Penthouse suite- three bedroom, three bath, penthouse, rooftop open air 645 square foot patio, 2 king size beds, 1 twin size trundle bed, kitchen, 2 televisions, entertainment system, private "keyed-off" 9th floor entrance
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    To further give you an idea of the differences in categories here are rack rates (generally the most expensive) for June per nights which are listed on their website:

Gardenview Room
    $459.00 USD

Aruba Tower Standard
    $463.00 USD

Ocean Garden View
    $506.00 USD

Aruba Tower Ocean View
    $538.00 USD

Deluxe Ocean Garden View
    $576.00 USD

Aruba Junior Suite
    $600.00 USD

Aruba Tower Deluxe Ocean-Garden View
    $608.00 USD

Plaza Club
    $623.00 USD

Plaza Club-Deluxe Ocean-Garden View
    $770.00 USD
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Rack rate on below is approximate

Bonaire Petite Suite about $700
    Bonaire Suite about $750
    Curacao Suite $860
    Aruba Suite $1200
    Plaza Club Aruba Suite $1500

Please read the information also at www.aruba.com/forum/f22/opinions-room-category-radisson-54042/#post218582

In June we booked a gardenview and received an upgrade to partial oceanview which now I am guessing is
    Ocean Garden View Bonaire & Curacao Tower.

If view of the ocean is of the utmost importance, then you want a deluxe room in whichever category you can best afford. We could not have been happier with what is now
    Deluxe Ocean Gardenview Aruba Tower or even better a 4th floor Bonaire Suite (not the Petite Suite).

The Aruba tower rooms are slightly larger than the rooms in the Curacao tower.
    The Bonaire tower rooms are smaller than the Aruba tower and Curacao tower rooms.

The Bonaire tower rooms are most centrally located to the beach and swimming pool.
    So...if I have 4 in a room, but would like to be sort of centrally located, what would you suggest?
    BUT keep in mind they are also the smallest rooms.

I am guessing that would be a garden view...what tower would those be in?
    Garden View Bonaire & Curacao Tower

I would rather be centrally located, but not squished in a room!
    Again, you are not going to have both. To be centrally located in the center of the resort you would want to be in the Bonaire Tower. The Bonaire tower has smaller rooms than the Curacao or Aruba Towers.

We were very happy with our room in the Curacao tower. I have posted some of the photos of our room at http://www.picturesofaruba.com/highr...wer_rm3522.htm

As you can see from the photos, we also had a nice large bath in our Curacao Tower room.

For comparison, this is a bathroom in the Bonaire tower guest rooms

This was what we could see of the ocean from our 5th floor room

LOL, some people would complain about the view of some of the materials that the Riu had stacked up for their renovation, but I figured we were the ones who received the free upgrade so don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I concentrate on those views of the ocean.

...and there is a direct pathway to the beach. Nice little walk actually including the foot bridge over the swimming pool.

click on thumbnail to enlarge

I am not sure how "locked in" you are with the travel agent you are using, but MCM Tours has an excellent summer special which includes breakfast AND lunch daily http://aruba4u.com/specials.php. Pricing on the page includes airfare, but they will sell the package WITHOUT airfare if you choose to purchase it on your own.

From what I understand from two separate friends, the price is unbeatable by any other travel agencies or outlet. One friend has been unable to find affordable airfare, but the other friend who usually stays at the Tamarijn has booked the Radisson for this trip with her husband and two young adult children. There will be four of them and they have requested a room in the Curacao Tower.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123