Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning an all-inclusive trip in June

Planning an all-inclusive trip in June

My best friend turns 40 in mid-June and we plan to celebrate in Aruba!
    We are both big travelers - especially love the beach and a bit of diving. We have never been to Aruba and it seemed like a good choice. We are two single girls looking for a combo of relaxation and some partying as well. We do tend to lean towards the higher end accomodations usually, but in these tough times we are trying to be economical. Generally all-inclusives can be hit or miss when it comes to food and drinks especially, but we feel we may be best going this route.

It seems there are only about 5 all-inclusives. Any recommendations on the nicest place to stay? The beach is important to us. We are fans of calm and clear blue waters (if we can get that).

Any others tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We may be 40, but we love to have a good time, eat great food and be adventurous!

Thanks in advance!!!

DON'T DO IT... all inclusive that is! Aruba is the worst place to do AI as they are too many good places to go....I feel like a broken record because I say this all the time! Aruba is a safe and wonderful place, no other Caribbean island is like Aruba where you can walk around safely (even two women).

Many hotels are hurting with the economy so they have unbelievable specials on right now. You could stay in a fabulous hotel for a reasonable rate or they throw in a few extra days (pay for 4 but stay for 6). I would look into the Hyatt, as many feel this is the nicest hotel on the island. Perfectly situated on the beach and along the high rise district for walking at night. Pool is gorgeous.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

From everything you have written, the best all inclusive for you would most likely be the Riu. From what I understand, at this time they have some excellent pricing.

The waters along Palm Beach where the Riu is situated are calm and there are dive boats which leave from within walking distance of the resort.

Be aware though that there are no all inclusives on the island which include diving.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a feeling I would hear to stay away from all inclusive. However, I have heard people suggest the Tamarjin or Occidental.
    Althought hotels room rates might be low - food and drinks are really high from what I hear. We thought saving money by doing all inclusive could allow us some extra $ to go out and eat a few times etc...

I have read that some areas of the beach are rocky, murky, rough and overall not as nice. What area of Palm Beach is best?

Quote Originally Posted by chigirl102004 View Post
    Althought hotels room rates might be low - food and drinks are really high from what I hear. We thought saving money by doing all inclusive could allow us some extra $ to go out and eat a few times etc...
    This is EXACTLY what we do. Out of 12 nights our next trip we will be eating dinner "off property" at least 4 times. We enjoy some of the ala carte restaurants at the Tamarijn so there is no suffering there.

I have read that some areas of the beach are rocky, murky, rough and overall not as nice. What area of Palm Beach is best?
    Parts of the beach at the Tamarijn had been rocky for a couple of years. Recently though Mother Nature has covered all of the rocks with the exception of a small stretch of beach.

As to the "murky" water, these reports are of Palm Beach and are not only subjective, but vary according to the time of day and weather. There are a lot of watersports boats in this area. Before they get going in the a.m. the water is much much clearer than the rest of the day.

IMo, check out some of the tags for the Tamarijn at http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/

The Tamarijn/Divi is only about a 3 star resort, but imo, the best bang for the buck if you are looking for an all inclusive. The worst drawback I could see is that night time may not be quite as lively as you would like, but there are always other options off property.

Thank you very much for your insight. So, out of all the AI's - Tamarjin sounds like the best option for us - correct?? Occidental looks so much nicer on their website but I trust someone who has been there over a website!
    Any recommendations on restaurants, bars or activities that we should not miss?

The Occidental is imo much different from the Tamarijn. The Tamarijn is much more laid back and casual. I am not sure of the price difference, but I figure the Tamarijn is less expensive. Our biggest bonus staying at the Tamarijn are the ocean/beachfront rooms. There is nothing better on vacation than rolling out of bed and out onto the beach. You might want to head over to www.tripadvisor.com for tons of reviews on both resorts. Throw out the best and the worst and the truth lays somewhere in between.

For an activity, I would definitely check out the Kukoo Kunuku.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/kukoo%20kunuku.html
    and maybe a jeep tour.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jeep%20tour.html

Thanks for the great info Arubalisa! I think the Tamarjin may have to be our pick. The beach is super important (and I am not certain as to how nice the beach is at Occidental).

I noticed you were able to send a link for photos of all the rooms at Tamarjin back in 2008 to show which rooms were best situated without rocks etc... Do you happen to have recent ones you could possibly send? Or maybe you recommend a block of rooms to request?

Quote Originally Posted by chigirl102004 View Post
    Thanks for the great info Arubalisa! I think the Tamarjin may have to be our pick. The beach is super important (and I am not certain as to how nice the beach is at Occidental).
    You are very welcome. I have a few photos of the Occidental at http://www.arubabound.com/photos/htl/occ/occ.htm

There are many photos of the entire Palm Beach area at
    http://www.arubabound.com/photos/plmbch/pbch.htm

I noticed you were able to send a link for photos of all the rooms at Tamarjin back in 2008 to show which rooms were best situated without rocks etc... Do you happen to have recent ones you could possibly send? Or maybe you recommend a block of rooms to request?
    Compliments of DiviAruba, there are many photos of the beach conditions at the Tamarijn in front of each building at the links below
    Beach Conditions Buildings 1100 - 1800 March 2009
    Beach Conditions Buildings 1900 - 2500 March 2009

You can coordinate the photos with the building numbers on the map at http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_map.jpg

You will see there I have links to hundreds of other Tamarijn photos.

Other info you may be interested in
    Divi Aruba Daily Activities & Theme Nights
    Tamarijn Aruba Daily Activities & Theme Nights

Click on the thumbnails below, but I have to say, in looking up these links for you I am absolutely shocked in the difference between the Occidental and Palm Beach

and the beach at the Tamarijn

I guess when we stayed along Palm Beach we just never knew there was anything else?
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 11-08-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Wow - Tamarijn it is!! Beautiful beach and no crowds.
    What room #'s might you suggest for best spot to be and a beach out the door that looks like the picture that was just sent?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast