Aruba Beach

Thread: Problems with the Radisson Aruba

Problems with the Radisson Aruba

My wife and I just returned from Aruba after our third trip. We stayed at the Westin Resort which was absolutely wonderful. We originally had booked an ocean view king size bed for our November trip in June with the Radisson. Confirmed with corporate an ocean view king size bed and confirmed with the front desk in aruba. One week before we left my wife received a confirmation email from the Radisson stating our Ocean view two double beds. They had no response to this other than that is all they had now. I am looking for people who have had a problem with the Radisson in Aruba. If you could please email me at radissonproblems@yahoo.com. I am trying to research why I keep hearing about massive problems with the Radisson and yet they keep rewarding themselves with trophies and honors each year. Thank you.

We have stayed at the Radisson four times and have never had a single issue.

FWIW our travel agent had also ALWAYS made us fully aware of the fact that a KING size bed WAS NOT guaranteed unless you booked a Bonaire, Curacao, Aruba suite or the penthouse.

This indeed was also the case when we booked all 3 of our stays at the Westin (then the Wyndham) through the same travel agent. We were only guaranteed a king size bed if we booked an oceanview or oceanfront one bedroom suite or a junior suite.

We have stayed at the Radisson every year for the past 8 years (the most recent being October 27-November 3) and have never had any problem of any kind. We have always had a room with a king bed. Our preferences are noted in our reservation and they have always accommodated us. When we arrive, it is like coming home. Everyone remembers us and calls us by name and there is always some kind of welcoming/welcome back basket waiting for us in our room. We have never had a single problem in all the years we have been going there; in fact, the staff always goes above and beyond our expectations. We cannot speak highly enough about the Radisson!

I am in awe of your experiences. In 2003 we booked a reservation with the Radisson in The Aruba Tower Ocean view Suite, which we pre paid in full. We were given a regular double bed with a slight view of the ocean but mostly a view of the Occidental. This also was exactly above the Air Conditioner unit. I enjoy reading and drinking dutch coffee when in Aruba in the the morning on my balcony. We also like to play Gin on our balcony in the evening. The air conditioner was so loud we were unable to do either. After checking in and discovering this problem we quickly called and asked not demanded to be moved to a different room. We were told there was no other rooms available. Luckily I am a photographer and I happened to shoot some pictures of our room. A friend who had stayed in teh Aruba Tower Ocean view suite, said that what we stayed in was not the suite or the ocean view. I realized I had paid full price for a Ocean View suite while we stayed in a regular double bed garden view room. The difference was unbelievable. The radisson after some negotiating finally reimbursed us. We did request this trip to have a definite reservation for a king size bed. Money was not an option. We said whatever it takes to have a king size bed with a full ocean view. Arubalisa and Aruba76, I believe you have had wonderful experiences at the radisson, as we did also. Our problems were with management and the way they handle customers. When they switched our room again after we had a $3000 deposit down was inexcusable this time.

This isnt the first time that I've heard of someone paying for a better room and getting one that was less. When I stayed at the Mill the same thing happened there. We paid for a junior suite and ended up getting a studio. The problem is that sometime we dont know the real difference in the rooms so they make that their advantage when they are busy.

I too have stayed at the Raddison for the past 8 years and have never had a problem. The staff is always welcoming and will find us a room to our liking.